Harbour kings turn it on again - Tuesday

Pickles

Backed up again today on the Kingies, after a top day yesterday with Josh & Aiden. The Kingies weren’t as big - up to 70. Most were just under 62/63/64, but there plenty of them. Fellow raider Adrian (“Hads”) &I  boated 35 & Hads lost a seriously big unit next to the boat - a knot which he put on the 80lb leader “to hold the sinker on” cut the line. He’s decided to use a swivel next time😳.Squid were really hard today, but little lollipop yakkas were in abundance (Balmoral) and all the bigger kings were landed on the yakkas, whilst all the smaller kings fell to striped squid & squid heads.

Condition were perfect early (got hot & choppy by midday, but we were back at the ramp by then
The ramp is always a great place to meet / share with others - look out for a new Raider  “Sean”, convinced him to join up.

Going to have a break for a few days & mow the lawns, clean the gutters & do some hedging for “Mrs Pickles” so I can get a leave pass on Saturday.

7061442F-5752-4A8D-8BE9-B90592988F9D.jpeg

1E167DDD-50C7-4095-AE81-AD914F17623B.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Nice work Bob. Great for you to share your time and knowledge on the water. 
And isn’t it good to see the prolific return of the kingfish right up and down the East coast. My last 3 trips, the kings were that thick you could walk on them! They kept stealing my plastic before the snapper got the chance! Grrrr. But still fun all the same! 

Good luck with the chores and the next leave pass! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

3 hours ago, Pickles said:

Going to have a break for a few days & mow the lawns, clean the gutters & do some hedging for “Mrs Pickles” so I can get a leave pass on Saturday.

Could also be time to make some banana bread as well, they look ripe enough 😁

Nice fishing for the Kings as usual :thumbup:

great catch mate,

im actually looking to get into the harbour on Saturday for the first time in years, usually fish out of Pittwater and out to broken bay...but with it being in the north zone of the beaches I can't put in at Bayview atm.

fingers crossed we can get on a few, taking a mate out who have never been fishing before..... what 37 year old has never been fishing before ?!?!

1 hour ago, shawninvictus78 said:

Hi Bob,

I took your advice and joined fishraider. Thanks for the advice on the slug go and hope you get around to trying that fish curry recipe (Marions curry in Woolies).

Cheers, Shawn

Welcome to FR Shawn. 

On 1/5/2021 at 1:40 PM, Pickles said:

Backed up again today on the Kingies, after a top day yesterday with Josh & Aiden. The Kingies weren’t as big - up to 70. Most were just under 62/63/64, but there plenty of them. Fellow raider Adrian (“Hads”) &I  boated 35 & Hads lost a seriously big unit next to the boat - a knot which he put on the 80lb leader “to hold the sinker on” cut the line. He’s decided to use a swivel next time😳.Squid were really hard today, but little lollipop yakkas were in abundance (Balmoral) and all the bigger kings were landed on the yakkas, whilst all the smaller kings fell to striped squid & squid heads.

Condition were perfect early (got hot & choppy by midday, but we were back at the ramp by then
The ramp is always a great place to meet / share with others - look out for a new Raider  “Sean”, convinced him to join up.

7061442F-5752-4A8D-8BE9-B90592988F9D.jpeg

1E167DDD-50C7-4095-AE81-AD914F17623B.jpeg

Your spending to much time on the water mate your starting to look like this bloke with those bananas in your mouth HaHaDavy Jones Wallpapers - Pirates Of The Caribbean Octopus Man , HD Wallpaper & Backgrounds

Cheers long509 - yeah the truth hurts, but you can’t avoid it. After a days fishing I reckon I might smell like Davy Jones as well as start to look like him - I’m just glad  “People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” (1 Sam 16:7)

15 hours ago, shawninvictus78 said:

Hi Bob,

I took your advice and joined fishraider. Thanks for the advice on the slug go and hope you get around to trying that fish curry recipe (Marions curry in Woolies).

Cheers, Shawn

Welcome @shawninvictus78 to fishraider

Introduce your self post is below if you wish to say a hello to members

Yell if you need help