Botany Bay kingfish madness 75-85cm bagged out!!!

Botany Bay Fishing

Jeez, havent the kings been firing lately in the bay,

We went out on 2 separate trips on the first trip we caught a total of 7 kingfish keeping 5 with the largest going 83
Then on the second trip we caught a total of 6 kingfish keeping 3 with the largest going 85. We have been fortunate enough to avoid the plagues of rats with the majority of the fish being over 75cm.

Live Squid ofcourse outperformed all other livebait by far, roughly 4 - 1 when compared to live yakkas. Both days we managed fairly high numbers of calamari first day catching 6 and the second day catching 9. Around 3 hours each day catching live squid to only have the kingfish smash them all within 30-40mins.

As always would love any feedback on the video as im always looking to improve!

Edited by Botany Bay Fishing
  • Like 7

Good video mate. One thing I could suggest you do is introduce YOURSEVES as well as BBF. Viewers like to feel that they KNOW who they're watching. Maybe some drone footage of the bite and landing of the squid and the Kingies. Just trying to be helpful. Cheers, bn

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, big Neil said:

Good video mate. One thing I could suggest you do is introduce YOURSEVES as well as BBF. Viewers like to feel that they KNOW who they're watching. Maybe some drone footage of the bite and landing of the squid and the Kingies. Just trying to be helpful. Cheers, bn

Yes mate great idea!!
Absolutely love that i never even thought of it! 🤣
upgrading camera and grabbing a drone is definitely on our to do list!

@Botany Bay Fishing nice video, I live in the Sutherland and have never fished Botany Bay but have decided to give it a go. I looked at some of your other videos and was hoping you could point me in the right direction as to where to get some squid, I will be launching at the Foreshore boat ramp. 

Any help appreciated, looking forward to more videos.

Cheers

13 hours ago, big Neil said:

Good advice.

Fishraider is a community and we like to enjoy contribution and posts on other members contributions as well. 

Introduce yourself to the community here and you can use #fishraider on your instagram posts too ;) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blade said:

@Botany Bay Fishing nice video, I live in the Sutherland and have never fished Botany Bay but have decided to give it a go. I looked at some of your other videos and was hoping you could point me in the right direction as to where to get some squid, I will be launching at the Foreshore boat ramp. 

Any help appreciated, looking forward to more videos.

Cheers

Hey mate,

Definitely launch for foreshore, there are squid all over kurnell especially around the Captain Cooks landing and directly opposite around bare island.

If it is your first time fishing the bay be cautious around bare island as it can get very dicey there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1