Lithium power packs to jump start a 1999 115HP 2 stroke Yamaha

richard2234

I'm looking to add an extra level of redundancy to my dual battery system by purchasing one of those small Lithium power packs to be able to jump start my motor if necessary. Does anyone have an idea of the minimum capacity CCA rating for these units I would require to jump a 1999 115HP 2 stroke Yamaha?  Also, any recommendations on good quality brands would also be appreciated.

You don't need much power to start your 2 stroke. Actually she can be pull started if you have a a flywheel with a slot to fit the pull cord.

there are plenty cheapies around, I don't know how good they are but I know Noco are good.

The one bellow will start almost any car engine, even small diesels. That's what I will be buying if I was you, shop around probably get it for $150 or so.

NOCO GENIUS BOOST GB40 12v Jump Starter Lithium-ion 1000AMP

Thanks for the info. yes I did see that brand and it seems good quality with a few extra features (USB, light, etc.). GOOLOO brand was another I was eyeing off. I also have a 100 Series 4.2 Diesel Landcruiser (with a 750CCA car battery) so it would be good to find something that would also kick that into life when needed.

Any thoughts on whether the Aussie iTech one's are any good?

i bought one from a sydney  easter show stall about 5 years ago and never got to test it .then the wifes sister had a flat battery. we got it out i was talking the thing up. connected it up and boom it didnt start the car the box caught on fire and melted in front of us ,smoke everywhere.so as richard said buy a good brand one cheers dunc333

7 minutes ago, dunc333 said:

i bought one from a sydney  easter show stall about 5 years ago and never got to test it .then the wifes sister had a flat battery. we got it out i was talking the thing up. connected it up and boom it didnt start the car the box caught on fire and melted in front of us ,smoke everywhere.so as richard said buy a good brand one cheers dunc333

Haha, shouldn't laugh, but things like that give you a giggle a few years later.

I bought one on epay for about $80 rated at 1000amp.  Never needed it myself but have helped others at ramp including a 115hp 2 stroke and a ford f100 with a big v8.  I was amazed it started these no probs.  Ron