What's it like out there?

Fab1

What's the waterways like out there in general please?Still as hectic as Xmas time?

Planning on taking the boat  down to Windang or the hacking for a few hours night fishing as I'm assuming there will be less people about.You know what they say about assumptions don't you?

Cheers.

• Like 1

Let you know tomorrow, I figure although its still school holidays a lot more people/parents will be back at work next week(has to more than this week anyway?) having used their annual leave, meaning less boats on the water midweek.

Sounds good in theory right 🤔.

I imagine night time midweek would be way better than day as well.

Weekends, well I just dont go there anymore.   

If the car park is crowded at 5.45am then I will just turn around.

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1

yeah its quite packed, i went out saturday on the kayak, heaps of boats piled around kurnell and point moli. Counted 16 at the squid grounds at kurnell and another 5 or 6 at the wharf early morning. moli looked no differnt.
hackings also packed with alot of boats anchoring off the baths and jet skies flying around.
tip is to go out when it rains

1 minute ago, Yowie said:

Fab,

nighttime  might be better. I have not fished the deep water since mid-December, may try in February.

deep water has been producing for me early morning (4-7am) then i head in.
big salmon on the surface with just legal kings hanging deep with the pinkies. also got a small gummy, couple legal reds, flounder. tons of pilies and yakks for livies to. No jewies yet.

i'm sure you have your own tactics and plans as you've fished the hacking longer than I've been alive

Being tortured to death i think I'll enjoy it more.😂🤣😂😂 Sounds like my tinny will be sold very soon as i won't go in that.

I go fishing to chill out with the Family and catching fish is a bonus.

I might give it a go mid week in Feb and if I get annoyed there will be a tinny in good nick up for sale with little use.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, kingie chaser said:

Let you know tomorrow, I figure although its still school holidays a lot more people/parents will be back at work next week(has to more than this week anyway?) having used their annual leave, meaning less boats on the water midweek.

Sounds good in theory right 🤔.

I imagine night time midweek would be way better than day as well.

Weekends, well I just dont go there anymore.   

If the car park is crowded at 5.45am then I will just turn around.

Cheers.

16 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

Being tortured to death i think I'll enjoy it more.😂🤣😂😂 Sounds like my tinny will be sold very soon as i won't go in that.

I go fishing to chill out with the Family and catching fish is a bonus.

I might give it a go mid week in Feb and if I get annoyed there will be a tinny in good nick up for sale with little use.

Cheers.

If you happen to come down to Windang let me know if you want to drop over for a coffee or a beer and a bit of a chat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, motiondave said:

I went for a fish this arvo at Lane Cove River off a wharf, well..tried to fish, Ive not seen that many boats, mostly bowriders going up and down, people skiing, tubing, I was constantly reeling the lines in due to bucketheads coming too close.

I dont even both trying to boat on Sundays, even if I was to get a park at the famed Silverwater ramp, its becoming no fun trying to navigate massive wake waves and people everywhere now.

Not all of us can do "dark 0 thirty" trips out due to workhours and family. Let alone stay up on an all nighter out, would be nice, maybe when kids retire I might get that chance :D

@kingie chaser, Im heading out to Parsely Bay tomorrow, planning to get there about 11 am, have to wait till kids leave on outings from home first, I hope I get a spot to park, being a Monday, but will soon find out after a one hour drive, one way.

Sounds like fun.I have an hour drive to any water too mate.

Fab, I live down the end of burraneer. Today was like peak hour all day. Many jet skis, tons of boats (many too big for the hacking). The no wash zone was a washing machine all day. It would have been impossible to fish in the hacking today.

Edited by mark_s

47 minutes ago, mark_s said:

Fab, I live down the end of burraneer. Today was like peak hour all day. Many jet skis, tons of boats (many too big for the hacking). The no wash zone was a washing machine all day. It would have been impossible to fish in the hacking today.

I'm starting to think there's no hope left for anyone to get any peace out there.I'll give it a crack soon and if it's not to my liking it's bye,bye boat as I've got better things to do than deal with all that.

Thanks for the heads up mate.

I would not be making a rush decision based on what is happing right now. Summer holiday time, especially on weekends, is always a nightmare, and I personally gave up going anywhere near the water in such times long time ago - there are no joy or fish, just frustration. Saying this, the things should improve from February, and winter time is generally nice and relatively quiet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox Bite said:

I would not be making a rush decision based on what is happing right now. Summer holiday time, especially on weekends, is always a nightmare, and I personally gave up going anywhere near the water in such times long time ago - there are no joy or fish, just frustration. Saying this, the things should improve from February, and winter time is generally nice and relatively quiet.

I know mate I like winter fishing too.

1 hour ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

@pegz was telling us that it was crowded on the weekend

We wanted to go to Berkeley to do crabbing. Might wait a week or two

Sounds like a plan waiting until Febuary as kids back at school,etc.This was my thoughts befire I made the post but thought I'd kid myself asking if it was ok out there knowing it wouldn't be.😂😂

I feel for those only able to fish daylight hours and weekends as i simply wouldn't do it.

2 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

@pegz was telling us that it was crowded on the weekend

We wanted to go to Berkeley to do crabbing. Might wait a week or two

It's fine now, probably 8-10 boats out at Oak Flats ramp this morning.

19 hours ago, Restyle said:

deep water has been producing for me early morning (4-7am) then i head in.
big salmon on the surface with just legal kings hanging deep with the pinkies. also got a small gummy, couple legal reds, flounder. tons of pilies and yakks for livies to. No jewies yet.

i'm sure you have your own tactics and plans as you've fished the hacking longer than I've been alive

I will wait a few weeks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, noelm said:

It's fine now, probably 8-10 boats out at Oak Flats ramp this morning.

So there's still hope.😂

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

Fab,

bloody Covid has caused this. No-body heading overseas, so money is being spent on new boats, jetskis, caravans. 

I know. Hopefully when this Covid thing is over many of those boats become garden gnomes.

Might go out tonight yet.

I have launched the last two afternoons from Grays Point ramp at around 3ish, plenty of parking in carpark but you can see it has been busy during the day with trailers parked up the hill.

No fish caught and have struggled to lose a live nipper. Lovely for an afternoon swim, not so good for fishing.

Ash