Jump to content

What's it like out there?


Recommended Posts

What's the waterways like out there in general please?Still as hectic as Xmas time?

       Planning on taking the boat  down to Windang or the hacking for a few hours night fishing as I'm assuming there will be less people about.You know what they say about assumptions don't you?

 

Cheers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Windang is very close to me (I can see it from my house) and it was sort of busy, but, afternoon or week days will be fine, going crabbing myself tomorrow in the Lake.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mate went out from Port Hacking today, Water st was gridlocked.

He said there was so many Boats, both power and Sail, plus many many Jet Skiers.

He didn't paint a pleasant picture.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let you know tomorrow, I figure although its still school holidays a lot more people/parents will be back at work next week(has to more than this week anyway?) having used their annual leave, meaning less boats on the water midweek.

 

Sounds good in theory right 🤔.

 

I imagine night time midweek would be way better than day as well.

Weekends, well I just dont go there anymore.   

 

If the car park is crowded at 5.45am then I will just turn around.

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So....just watched news.
Apparently 50% increase in boat licence ( not sure if that included PWC) and 26 % increase in boat Regos.

Plus unlicensed and unrego boats out there....

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, motiondave said:

Plus unlicensed and unrego boats out there....

and unintelligent galoots motoring about. :074:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fab,

nighttime  might be better. I have not fished the deep water since mid-December, may try in February.

Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah its quite packed, i went out saturday on the kayak, heaps of boats piled around kurnell and point moli. Counted 16 at the squid grounds at kurnell and another 5 or 6 at the wharf early morning. moli looked no differnt.
hackings also packed with alot of boats anchoring off the baths and jet skies flying around.
tip is to go out when it rains

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yowie said:

Fab,

nighttime  might be better. I have not fished the deep water since mid-December, may try in February.

deep water has been producing for me early morning (4-7am) then i head in.
big salmon on the surface with just legal kings hanging deep with the pinkies. also got a small gummy, couple legal reds, flounder. tons of pilies and yakks for livies to. No jewies yet.

i'm sure you have your own tactics and plans as you've fished the hacking longer than I've been alive

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Being tortured to death i think I'll enjoy it more.😂🤣😂😂 Sounds like my tinny will be sold very soon as i won't go in that.

I go fishing to chill out with the Family and catching fish is a bonus.

I might give it a go mid week in Feb and if I get annoyed there will be a tinny in good nick up for sale with little use.

Cheers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingie chaser said:

Let you know tomorrow, I figure although its still school holidays a lot more people/parents will be back at work next week(has to more than this week anyway?) having used their annual leave, meaning less boats on the water midweek.

 

Sounds good in theory right 🤔.

 

I imagine night time midweek would be way better than day as well.

Weekends, well I just dont go there anymore.   

 

If the car park is crowded at 5.45am then I will just turn around.

Cheers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I went for a fish this arvo at Lane Cove River off a wharf, well..tried to fish, Ive not seen that many boats, mostly bowriders going up and down, people skiing, tubing, I was constantly reeling the lines in due to bucketheads coming too close.

I dont even both trying to boat on Sundays, even if I was to get a park at the famed Silverwater ramp, its becoming no fun trying to navigate massive wake waves and people everywhere now.

Not all of us can do "dark 0 thirty" trips out due to workhours and family. Let alone stay up on an all nighter out, would be nice, maybe when kids retire I might get that chance :D

 

@kingie chaser, Im heading out to Parsely Bay tomorrow, planning to get there about 11 am, have to wait till kids leave on outings from home first, I hope I get a spot to park, being a Monday, but will soon find out after a one hour drive, one way.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

 Being tortured to death i think I'll enjoy it more.😂🤣😂😂 Sounds like my tinny will be sold very soon as i won't go in that.

I go fishing to chill out with the Family and catching fish is a bonus.

I might give it a go mid week in Feb and if I get annoyed there will be a tinny in good nick up for sale with little use.

Cheers.

If you happen to come down to Windang let me know if you want to drop over for a coffee or a beer and a bit of a chat.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Restyle said:

yeah its quite packed, i went out saturday on the kayak, heaps of boats piled around kurnell and point moli. Counted 16 at the squid grounds at kurnell and another 5 or 6 at the wharf early morning. moli looked no differnt.
hackings also packed with alot of boats anchoring off the baths and jet skies flying around.
tip is to go out when it rains

I actually did last Saturday, I think, when it was rain on and off, I was surprised to find the closer ramp to city, still full! Id though yeah, maybe plenty spots, nope, was only two spots and boats still coming and going.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, motiondave said:

I went for a fish this arvo at Lane Cove River off a wharf, well..tried to fish, Ive not seen that many boats, mostly bowriders going up and down, people skiing, tubing, I was constantly reeling the lines in due to bucketheads coming too close.

I dont even both trying to boat on Sundays, even if I was to get a park at the famed Silverwater ramp, its becoming no fun trying to navigate massive wake waves and people everywhere now.

Not all of us can do "dark 0 thirty" trips out due to workhours and family. Let alone stay up on an all nighter out, would be nice, maybe when kids retire I might get that chance :D

 

@kingie chaser, Im heading out to Parsely Bay tomorrow, planning to get there about 11 am, have to wait till kids leave on outings from home first, I hope I get a spot to park, being a Monday, but will soon find out after a one hour drive, one way.

 

Sounds like fun.I have an hour drive to any water too mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, noelm said:

If you happen to come down to Windang let me know if you want to drop over for a coffee or a beer and a bit of a chat.

Cheers mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fab, I live down the end of burraneer. Today was like peak hour all day. Many jet skis, tons of boats (many too big for the hacking). The no wash zone was a washing machine all day. It would have been impossible to fish in the hacking today.

Edited by mark_s
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, mark_s said:

Fab, I live down the end of burraneer. Today was like peak hour all day. Many jet skis, tons of boats (many too big for the hacking). The no wash zone was a washing machine all day. It would have been impossible to fish in the hacking today.

I'm starting to think there's no hope left for anyone to get any peace out there.I'll give it a crack soon and if it's not to my liking it's bye,bye boat as I've got better things to do than deal with all that.

Thanks for the heads up mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not be making a rush decision based on what is happing right now. Summer holiday time, especially on weekends, is always a nightmare, and I personally gave up going anywhere near the water in such times long time ago - there are no joy or fish, just frustration. Saying this, the things should improve from February, and winter time is generally nice and relatively quiet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fox Bite said:

I would not be making a rush decision based on what is happing right now. Summer holiday time, especially on weekends, is always a nightmare, and I personally gave up going anywhere near the water in such times long time ago - there are no joy or fish, just frustration. Saying this, the things should improve from February, and winter time is generally nice and relatively quiet.

I know mate I like winter fishing too.

1 hour ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

@pegz was telling us that it was crowded on the weekend

We wanted to go to Berkeley to do crabbing. Might wait a week or two

Sounds like a plan waiting until Febuary as kids back at school,etc.This was my thoughts befire I made the post but thought I'd kid myself asking if it was ok out there knowing it wouldn't be.😂😂

  I feel for those only able to fish daylight hours and weekends as i simply wouldn't do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

@pegz was telling us that it was crowded on the weekend

We wanted to go to Berkeley to do crabbing. Might wait a week or two

It's fine now, probably 8-10 boats out at Oak Flats ramp this morning.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fab,

bloody Covid has caused this. No-body heading overseas, so money is being spent on new boats, jetskis, caravans. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      67,236
    • Total Posts
      544,944
×
×
  • Create New...