What's it like out there?

Fab1

17 hours ago, Oscarthebeagle said:

I have launched the last two afternoons from Grays Point ramp at around 3ish, plenty of parking in carpark but you can see it has been busy during the day with trailers parked up the hill.

No fish caught and have struggled to lose a live nipper. Lovely for an afternoon swim, not so good for fishing.

Ash

I'll just swim at home in the pool thanks.I'll wait a bit me thinks.Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

Two updates,

I thought I would go for a quick run Wed night. I launched after 5pm from Wallys thinking it would be quiet by then. It was still bedlam with many boats launching/retrieving. I had to park in one of the side streets up past the shops. 

Unfortunately, while parking my car and with my boat tied up at the wharf, another boat hit mine and I now have fibreglass damage (about 3 inches long) that needs repair.  😩😩😩 I have the rego number of the other boat and they were apologetic but even still......

So this morning i tried first thing and it was pretty good. Dead calm, few boats and pichards busting the surface in burraneer bay. Even when boats drove by.  I couldn’t stay long as I had to work but mornings seem the go.

13 hours ago, mark_s said:

Two updates,

I thought I would go for a quick run Wed night. I launched after 5pm from Wallys thinking it would be quiet by then. It was still bedlam with many boats launching/retrieving. I had to park in one of the side streets up past the shops. 

Unfortunately, while parking my car and with my boat tied up at the wharf, another boat hit mine and I now have fibreglass damage (about 3 inches long) that needs repair.  😩😩😩 I have the rego number of the other boat and they were apologetic but even still......

So this morning i tried first thing and it was pretty good. Dead calm, few boats and pichards busting the surface in burraneer bay. Even when boats drove by.  I couldn’t stay long as I had to work but mornings seem the go.

Cheers mate.I think I'll give it a go during the coming week if family life and all the planet's align.She's in the garage all fueled and ready to roll at a moment's notice.Wish the mrs would stop making her dirty putting her washing baskets on her.😂🤣

Itching to get out and test the permatrim to find out what a mistake it was.🙄

20210116_100659.jpg

• Like 1

Did a "drive by" the ramp this morning, 4 boats at Oak Flats and about 10 out at Shellharbour, but to be fair it is a bit windy, though plenty fishable, going crabbing Monday morning in Lake Illawarra.

5 minutes ago, noelm said:

Did a "drive by" the ramp this morning, 4 boats at Oak Flats and about 10 out at Shellharbour, but to be fair it is a bit windy, though plenty fishable, going crabbing Monday morning in Lake Illawarra.

Yeah,windy at Bellambi too.And at home.Plus it's the weekend.Im a fisherman of leisure and only go out weekdays or nights.😂🤣😂

Edited by Fab1
  • Like 1