Honda 50hp issue

Franco

Hi All,

Took the boat out today and while driving the motor just switched off. Upon reving it doesn't seem to reving freely. Feels like the motor has lost it power and it doesn't seem to be running well.

Wondering if anyone might have an idea of what the issue might be?

Here is the video Video.mp4

I was thinking the computer is on the way out or possibly a piston issue? Not a fuel issue as I tested it on external tank as well.

It's hard for anyone on here to diagnose without seeing it and running some tests.That motor sounds like it's missing which usually points to a problem with spark or fuel. Best bet is take it in and have it looked at properly than relying on our guesses. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fab1 said:

It's hard for anyone on here to diagnose without seeing it and running some tests.That motor sounds like it's missing which usually points to a problem with spark or fuel. Best bet is take it in and have it looked at properly than relying on our guesses. 

Yeah I have it booked in for a mechanic to look at it properly. Just thought maybe someone might of had a similar issue or experienced it.

I was looking at possibly even upgrading to a 50hp Suzuki. Anyone know trusted dealers which sell them in the Sydney region?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

If fuel and spark are ok check compression on all cylinders. 
cheers Zoran 

Yeh I would if I had the tools. Got the pro coming in a few weeks. I will let you know what the issue is.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update.

The mechanic never came which is not surprising. But the motor is running good now, I am thinking that it was bad fuel which caused it. I changed the spark plugs, onboard fuel filter and in-line fuel filter bit of fresh fuel and she is good as new. 

Thanks all for the input

On 1/13/2021 at 10:41 AM, Franco said:

Yeah I have it booked in for a mechanic to look at it properly. Just thought maybe someone might of had a similar issue or experienced it.

I was looking at possibly even upgrading to a 50hp Suzuki. Anyone know trusted dealers which sell them in the Sydney region 

You could try the Suzuki marine website and they should have a list of dealers .

No connection or affiliation with any of the above !

Edited by XD351