Wanda beach report

yting

Went out yesterday evening with the boy. Arrived at 6pm thinking the bulk of the crowd might have packed up however the beach was still packed with swimmers and surfers so we decided to do a bit of beach worming while we waited. Caught 3 worms so thought it might be a good night.

unfortunately though the weed made it near impossible to fish. Every cast resulting in a hook up (of weed)

the boy caught a goof flathead on pilchard though which was nice.

there must have been about 20 or 30 fishing the beach. Interestingly we noticed one guy sending his bait out via a drone. 
we left about 930pm.
I would love to know if anyone last night got passed the weed and managed any decent fish.

Thanks 

Nathan

• Like 1

I was there as well last night. Fishing was very slow I actually only saw one guy  caught an undersized tailor. Weed was not that bad ( I was fishing between gate 5 and gate  6),however as you have said, there were too many people fishing yesterday. With low tide, meter plus south coming waves, some current running, and people coming late and jamming in, leaving less than 10m space ( I reckon at least 30 m space is required for beach fishing, probably more in conditions like yesterday), the fishing was not comfortable at all. I left the beach at about 8:40, did not bother to take the  headlight out at all.

I also only took one blue spotted flathead. 

2 hours ago, wchh said:

I was there as well last night. Fishing was very slow I actually only saw one guy  caught an undersized tailor. Weed was not that bad ( I was fishing between gate 5 and gate  6),however as you have said, there were too many people fishing yesterday. With low tide, meter plus south coming waves, some current running, and people coming late and jamming in, leaving less than 10m space ( I reckon at least 30 m space is required for beach fishing, probably more in conditions like yesterday), the fishing was not comfortable at all. I left the beach at about 8:40, did not bother to take the  headlight out at all.

I also only took one blue spotted flathead. 

Thanks mate, 

that’s interesting to note that the weed wasn’t that bad there. We were only a couple of hundred metres from you at gate 8.

my son actually said we should move but I told him it would probably be the same wherever we fished. Lesson learnt there, move up or down the beach if you strike weed.

Yeah the guys that come on dark and set up right next to you, that is frustrating. I’ve had that before and then you get snagged up with them.