Summer fun on micro poppers

savit

After almost 4 months without fishing,  and a few recent forum wading topics/posts, I decided to wet a line and feet on Sat morning in my regular Sydney estuary. The beginning (perhaps fish still slept  🤔)  was very quiet,  and I have gone through a fist of small topwater, sinking HBs and some SPs without any action. Then wind picked up and fun has started! Some - missed, some  lost, some landed. Only one legal though - 36cm whiting. All was caught on 2 micro poppers - the rest was ignored.

Imagepipe_3.jpg

Imagepipe_7.jpg

Imagepipe_5.jpg

Imagepipe_6.jpg

Imagepipe_4.jpg

Imagepipe_1.jpg

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

Sounds like a productive little session and a 36cm whiting is a great fish. Well done.

It's always good to have a bit of wind chopping up the surface. More important than dawn or dusk IMO.

Thanks mate.

I dont fish dusks or dawns (and probably miss a lot), however at nights -  if wind or rain starts in the middle of lure session for bread and butter species - I can start packing my stuff - otherwise it will be just a casting practice. Whiting is mostly just a bycatch at night for me on lures.

• Like 1

Great work Savit, great to get out after a long break.- thanks for sharing, that’s a healthy looking whiting. I’ve had a bit of success over sand flats with a small clear / yellow “sugar pen”, but only when it’s windy - seems to give them confidence and maybe brings prawns off the bottom.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Great work Savit, great to get out after a long break.- thanks for sharing, that’s a healthy looking whiting. I’ve had a bit of success over sand flats with a small clear / yellow “sugar pen”, but only when it’s windy - seems to give them confidence and maybe brings prawns off the bottom.

Yep, a bit of break - really hope I wont have any of those soon. I am still trying to locate some of my lures - some chance popular Sugar Pen is already in my "collection", otherwise I will start from the most close design next time.