Old Cartoons from our youth 60's and 70's - add your favs!

mrsswordfisherman

Here are a couple of old favs 

Hercules (who can sing the song) with Newton and Pan

Then there was Lancelot Link Secret Chimp .........

My personal fav Phantom Agents

My best buddy and I thought we were Phantar and Gina. We would watch this in school holidays then run single file up to the park to look for members of the Mocula!!! He became a noted neurosurgeon and we often talk about these shows even now for a laugh. 

Feel free to share some of your own favs

I was a cartoon junky as a kid & dont think there was any I didnt watch.

I think it would take me hours to write them all down but this is a start, in no order of preference or era-

The Flinstones

The Jetsons

Mr.Magoo

Grape Ape

Tom & jerry

Rocky & Bullwinkle

Scooby doo

Casper the ghost

Top Cat

The Hair Bear Bunch

The Herculiods

Yogi Bear

Felix the Cat

Snagglepuss

Hong Kong Phooey

Josie & the pussy cats

The Thunderbirds(ok not really a cartoon?)

Magilla Gorilla

Fat Albert

Woody Woodpecker

Huckleberry Hound

Porky Pig

Quick Draw Mcgraw

Bugs Bunny

Daffy duck

Milton the Monster

Wacky Races

Roger Ramjet

Birdman

Captain Cave Man

Jabberjaw

George Of The Jungle

Shizzan

Well thats a start, & yes I know I watched to much TV as a kid & mum did warn me my eyes would go square  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well most of KC list apply to me, but they were on tv. When I was a kid I used to go to the cinema, along with dozens of the neighbouring kids. There we would watch serials...Batman and Robin, Flash Gordon, Superman, Charlie Chaplin, and the Three Stooges. This was in the mid to late 50s. Most of these ended up on TV in the 60s.

I've always liked comedy... Laurel and Hardy, Keystone Cops. Three Stooges, Charlie Chaplin among my early favourites. Later it was The Comedians (UK comedy), Billy Connolly, Robin Williams, The Goodies and of course Benny Hill and Monty Python.

I still enjoy comedy a lot. Micky Flanagan and Sarah Millican being among my favourites.

Aah, the memories. bn

2 hours ago, big Neil said:

Well most of KC list apply to me, but they were on tv. When I was a kid I used to go to the cinema, along with dozens of the neighbouring kids. There we would watch serials...Batman and Robin, Flash Gordon, Superman, Charlie Chaplin, and the Three Stooges. This was in the mid to late 50s. Most of these ended up on TV in the 60s.

I've always liked comedy... Laurel and Hardy, Keystone Cops. Three Stooges, Charlie Chaplin among my early favourites. Later it was The Comedians (UK comedy), Billy Connolly, Robin Williams, The Goodies and of course Benny Hill and Monty Python.

I still enjoy comedy a lot. Micky Flanagan and Sarah Millican being among my favourites.

Aah, the memories. bn

Neil I am right into British shows now.

I love all those you mentioned. Who could forget Monty Python and The Goodies. Black Adder (the lovely Infanta)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fab1 said:

And now some cartoon have been banned because they are offensive to people.What a joke the world's become.

I watched alot of the cartoons mentioned.Bring back the old days.

I don't think they are offensive to people I think they are offensive to children but some aren't made.for children's viewing.

Would you let your yound kids watch south park or beavis & butthead?

No way I would.

In the old days it was about good natured entertainment now it's about shock & profanity.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

I don't think they are offensive to people I think they are offensive to children but some aren't made.for children's viewing.

Would you let your yound kids watch south park or beavis & butthead?

No way I would.

In the old days it was about good natured entertainment now it's about shock & profanity.

Tv is crap in general these days mate.I haven't turned mine on for about 5 yrs now.I have better things to do around the place than watch the crap that's on telly or net flix.

In regards to the cartoons you mention I haven't seen them so can't common but i do know kids will be exposed to worse than watching a cartoon as 

• Like 1

Oh good lord this brings back so many memories of the same shows. A few years back they made an adult version of Harvey Birdman, Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law. The Birdman and all the various other super heroes/villians had retired and gone into practicing law. It's absolutley a scream. Especially one episode where Fred Flintstone is a mafia don.

You can see a sample of an episode here:

Spot the Mole | Harvey Birdman | Adult Swim - YouTube

Very much recommend watching the shows they are a great laugh.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Tv is crap in general these days mate.I haven't turned mine on for about 5 yrs now.I have better things to do around the place than watch the crap that's on telly or net flix.

In regards to the cartoons you mention I haven't seen them so can't common but i do know kids will be exposed to worse than watching a cartoon as 

Over 25 years -  since I started Uni. First I had no money for TV, then had no time, then just had no interest in it (as there are many alternative sources for news and movies, as well as time spending)

PS. Tom and Jerry were my favourite.

Edited by savit
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

I was a cartoon junky as a kid & dont think there was any I didnt watch.

I think it would take me hours to write them all down but this is a start, in no order of preference or era-

The Flinstones

The Jetsons

Mr.Magoo

Grape Ape

Tom & jerry

Rocky & Bullwinkle

Scooby doo

Casper the ghost

Top Cat

The Hair Bear Bunch

The Herculiods

Yogi Bear

Felix the Cat

Snagglepuss

Hong Kong Phooey

Josie & the pussy cats

The Thunderbirds(ok not really a cartoon?)

Magilla Gorilla

Fat Albert

Woody Woodpecker

Huckleberry Hound

Porky Pig

Quick Draw Mcgraw

Bugs Bunny

Daffy duck

Milton the Monster

Wacky Races

Roger Ramjet

Birdman

Captain Cave Man

Jabberjaw

George Of The Jungle

Shizzan

Well thats a start, & yes I know I watched to much TV as a kid & mum did warn me my eyes would go square  😂

Could have left a few off the list to give others a few to put down 🤣🤣

You definately watched too much tv.

My favourite cartoons had to be captain planet, angry beavers.

• Like 1