I got bored

Fab1

Extra parts required.

It works a treat.Pressure is easily adjusted and the beauty is it still is a manual drill press within seconds too.

I better do some o/t to cover my costs now.🤣😂

20210131_100555.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

I remember those gizmos. They were a mini drill press.

Great idea and conversion.

Cheers mate.I've been meaning to make something for years now and finally got around to it.Just spooled a rod up with it and it worked great. 

Make do with what you have is what I try to do . 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

This is what I've been using just set in the vise, but mine just adds an extra process into the equation.

Web Post.jpg

That's a great idea too mate.I don't own an alvey or a butt.Well I have a Butt but it's a bit soft and smelly at times.🤣😂

Edited by Fab1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluefin said:

Whats wrong with a pencil and 2 big toes. Has worked for years. 

My mrs is whinging hers are getting chaffed and she can't keep still.So I thought I'd make this so she has more time to cook,clean and wash for me.😉

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Fab1 said:

It works a treat.Pressure is easily adjusted and the beauty is it still is a manual drill press within seconds too.

I better do some o/t to cover my costs now.🤣😂

Love the ingenuity Fab ! ... and as you say ... it's still a drill press. Awesome.

1 hour ago, bluefin said:

Whats wrong with a pencil and 2 big toes. Has worked for years. 

In my case they get a bit sore when you are spooling up 800m+ braid at 3-5kg tension .....

Cheers Zoran

5 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Love the ingenuity Fab ! ... and as you say ... it's still a drill press. Awesome.

In my case they get a bit sore when you are spooling up 800m+ braid at 3-5kg tension .....

Cheers Zoran

Thanks mate,I always snoop around the shed and see if i already have something i can use.As long as it does the job properly that's the main thing.

I have a loooooooong way to go until i need 800m of line.More than likely never.