New outboard for Zoran

antonywardle

13 minutes ago, antonywardle said:

There will be people around who will be putting 4 of these on the back. I couldn't even afford the transom !

Its only being made for people who have a Bugatti Chiron sitting in the driveway of their Point Piper home not people who park their Hyundai Getz in front of their Mt. Druitt house :whistling:😄

2 speed transmition sounds interesting, not sure why you would only naturally aspirate it though??

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, antonywardle said:

Your next outboard @zmk1962?

V12 Verado and 600HP

Bahaha 🤣 that’s insane... “we included the most technically advanced technology and packaged it in the smallest space “ ... so you guys can go and dunk it in salt water ... yee ha    
Thanks for sharing Antony - there’s lots of innovation there and lots to go wrong - hopefully  it will be a long time before barrycuda needs a new powerplant.

Cheers Zoran 

• Like 1

yes more power than the statesman towing it if i had one of the bad boys. lol. once you go black you will never go back (AND THEY COME IN WHITE to now ) well just have to keep playing saturday and wednesday lotto for now and dream cheers dunc333

Edited by dunc333
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, motiondave said:

ha! not to mention you would probably drink at least 500l or more in an afternoon. i saw a RIB at the boat show last year with two 400s on the back , fuel tank was 1100l , imagine being able to afford to burn $2500 of petrol, in a day :D

Spending $25 on fuel is too much.

• Like 1

My in-laws had a 38ft Mustang with twin 5.7 ltr motors.

I once took it out and it had a full tank, burned around the harbour, round to middle harbour and up and down the river and when I went back that evening I had 1/4 tank.

I filled her up and it cost me $790 hence forth I never borrowed it again. Fuel was $1.34 at the marina which was .30c dearer than at the petrol station.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, jeffb5.8 said:

My in-laws had a 38ft Mustang with twin 5.7 ltr motors.

I once took it out and it had a full tank, burned around the harbour, round to middle harbour and up and down the river and when I went back that evening I had 1/4 tank.

I filled her up and it cost me $790 hence forth I never borrowed it again. Fuel was $1.34 at the marina which was .30c dearer than at the petrol station.

I could run my boat for 10 yrs for the price you paid for fuel that day.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/13/2021 at 2:02 PM, Fab1 said:

I could run my boat for 10 yrs for the price you paid for fuel that day.😂

Imagine the boat you could buy & still have enough left for fuel to see your fishing days out

For the price of one 600hp $70,000 😱

Edited by 61 crusher
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2021 at 8:59 PM, 61 crusher said:

Imagine the boat you could buy & still have enough left for fuel to see your fishing days out

For the price of one 600hp $70,000 😱

I know.But If you can afford 70k for a donk you don't care If the price of potatoes at woolies goes up 10c a bag would be my guess.

• Like 1

Unlike cars - the  boat  motor technology has stuck in the past with poor efficiency due to lack of real competition on the market for decades and targeting mostly high income customer segment. 

I hope the electric battery technology gets soon to the price, weight, efficiency level enough so electric motors can be used widely in recreational fishing boats -  no more noise, no smell, easier service, and free or cheap charge at home i.e. more fishing.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 7:03 AM, kingie chaser said:

Its only being made for people who have a Bugatti Chiron sitting in the driveway of their Point Piper home not people who park their Hyundai Getz in front of their Mt. Druitt house :whistling:😄

2 speed transmition sounds interesting, not sure why you would only naturally aspirate it though??

7.6 litre v12 you dont need forced induction with that capacity.