Bar crossing US style

Renegade460

4 hours ago, noelm said:

Most of those guys "have all the gear, but, no idea" plenty of places that have "slop" like that, who knows what would happen if they had to cross a "proper" bar with real breaking waves.

I agree with you noelm.

Doesn't look any worse than the Crookhaven River entrance on a run out tide and NE wind.

All you need is common sense.

• Like 1

A few times I have been out of the Shoalhaven would make that seem like a lake, Narooma can get "interesting" too, as can Port Macquarie, been over all those places hundreds of times, just remembering one time in my old cat, coming into Shoalhaven with a BIG swell running, we were just waiting outside to see how the sets were coming and I as edging closer to have a better look, a big swell picked us up and we were going in whether we wanted to or not, surfed it for what seemed like forever before I could get it all "in hand" anyone who reckons cats broach needed to be with us that day.....

I can remember coming in to port stephens in a big cat, ANSA comp, Nasty swell and wind. At one stage the cat seemed Vertical as I looked DOWN to the back .   Now that was " interesting" !!

Anyone Remember Peter Brocks Cat ? Interesting Colours !

• Like 1

You watch a lot of those vids from the same place & there are kids travelling in the bow & the adults as well & no one is wearing a lifejacket.

They must be invoking thier 1st, 2nd, 5th or whatever right/ammendment it pertains to be be reckless & not care about thier passangers/family 🤐

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bluefin said:

I can remember coming in to port stephens in a big cat, ANSA comp, Nasty swell and wind. At one stage the cat seemed Vertical as I looked DOWN to the back .   Now that was " interesting" !!

Anyone Remember Peter Brocks Cat ? Interesting Colours !

Yep, I saw it when it was new at the Sydney boat show, he was there talking about it, I think Ross Hunter built it?

• Like 1