Offshore Oil Gas exploration Newcastle - Central Coast - Sydney

zmk1962

Petition email sent.

While they might be fads there would always be a pretty big exclusion zone so not sure what effect it would have?

Beside, they want to close down fishing & introduce marine parks all the way uop the coast but mining is ok because it wil line companies pockets :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

Petition email sent.

While they might be fads there would always be a pretty big exclusion zone so not sure what effect it would have?

Beside, they want to close down fishing & introduce marine parks all the way uop the coast but mining is ok because it wil line companies pockets :whistling:

Is there a online pertition we can sign? Or a way to jump on the one you have emailed.

EDIT: found the link and have emailed. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by SquibblyDibbly
  • Like 1

If it is the NSW Government they will not care.

They recently approved the Wallarah 2 Coal Mine starting north of Wyong for 28 years. The residents tried to stop it, but the NSW Government couldn't care less.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Petition email sent.

Thanks KC. Australia already has some of the richest gas deposits on the planet but it doesn’t seem to translate to lower gas prices for the population. 

I don’t see any upside to this PEP for the average bloke... just greed at the detriment of what we are so fortunate to have off this stretch of coastline. 

I’ve told my state and federal MPs that if I see their name on the list that supports this project they will lose my vote for good. 

cheers Zoran 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, motiondave said:

well, theres been several submissions to drill UNDER warragamba dam for gas, despite the fact its known it would pollute the whole water supply, its money over anything else. The planet will be f....d in not much more time. 

Well that would be crazy. But then again we are building an airport next to it so planes can fly directly over !

19 hours ago, motiondave said:

well, theres been several submissions to drill UNDER warragamba dam for gas, despite the fact its known it would pollute the whole water supply, its money over anything else. The planet will be f....d in not much more time. 

And possibly dsstabilize the dam foundations or surrounds, cant see that ever happening but then again governments do let some stupid things go ahead.

19 hours ago, SquibblyDibbly said:

Is there a online pertition we can sign? Or a way to jump on the one you have emailed.

EDIT: found the link and have emailed. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for taking action! We had a dinner yesterday with 4 couples that are also into boating. They were all unaware this was going on under our noses. The mainstream media has been noticeably absent so it’s come done to folks that care to spread the awareness. 
cheers Zoran 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zmk1962 said:

Thanks for taking action! We had a dinner yesterday with 4 couples that are also into boating. They were all unaware this was going on under our noses. The mainstream media has been noticeably absent so it’s come done to folks that care to spread the awareness. 
cheers Zoran 

Not a problem, thanks for sharing. I've been spreading it round as much as I can.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rebel said:

If it is the NSW Government they will not care.

They recently approved the Wallarah 2 Coal Mine starting north of Wyong for 28 years. The residents tried to stop it, but the NSW Government couldn't care less.

We can’t give up Rebel - imagine no more chasing the legendary whiskas with kids or mates. No more beach visits on weekends, no more whales on this stretch of coast ... 

what would Sydney be ... and for what?

bloody crazy

cheers Zoran 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, motiondave said:

id say the NSW government would make more from this than tourism....

Short term yes, long term no. One mistake and the cost of the environmental damage will well and truly dwarf the mining royalties and destroy the potential for future tourism incomes.

Australia's economy is the definition of unsustainable. We dig up finite supplies of rocks and gasses and trade them for everything else.

Edited by SquibblyDibbly

@zmk1962

Hi Zoran.

The Residents and the Ratepayers fought for years to stop the Coal mine.

The Liberal Goverment has no seats up our way, so they couldn't care less.

It's all about the mighty$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Edited by Rebel
  • Sad 1

Guest Guest123456789

Here is a statement from MP Lucy Wicks - federal member for Robertson (my local electorate). She will be opposing an extension of PEP 11.

https://mailchi.mp/ba29b3f54dcb/update-on-pep-11?e=b1143ebd75

I will be writing to our state member as well - though she is in opposition.

Edited by Guest123456789
Typo

4 hours ago, Rebel said:

@zmk1962

Hi Zoran.

The Residents and the Ratepayers fought for years to stop the Coal mine.

The Liberal Goverment has no seats up our way, so they couldn't care less.

It ie all about the mighty$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I can't accept one failure as the reason to do nothing... if we do that we might as well scuttle our boats, slash our wrists and bring it all to an end.  If you follow the stockmarket, the recent events around Gamestop show that the many... correctly united... can smash the $$$$$$$$ agenda. Governments are taking notice of this trust me.

As an individual, you have to believe in the cause (the why) and actually get up and do something as an individual ... the sum of many individuals is unstoppable.  There is a great movie - The Power of One.  Change starts with each an every one of us.

36 minutes ago, flatheadluke said:

Here is a statement from MP Lucy Wicks - federal member for Robertson (my local electorate). She will be opposing an extension of PEP 11.

https://mailchi.mp/ba29b3f54dcb/update-on-pep-11?e=b1143ebd75

I will be writing to our state member as well - though she is in opposition.

That's awesome Luke ... thanks so much taking action and for sharing. We now need every MP  - state and federal - to get the message, that we actually give a F__k  as to what happens in our back yard. 

Cheers Zoran

Guest Guest123456789
35 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

I can't accept one failure as the reason to do nothing... if we do that we might as well scuttle our boats, slash our wrists and bring it all to an end.  If you follow the stockmarket, the recent events around Gamestop show that the many... correctly united... can smash the $$$$$$$$ agenda. Governments are taking notice of this trust me.

As an individual, you have to believe in the cause (the why) and actually get up and do something as an individual ... the sum of many individuals is unstoppable.  There is a great movie - The Power of One.  Change starts with each an every one of us.

That's awesome Luke ... thanks so much taking action and for sharing. We now need every MP  - state and federal - to get the message, that we actually give a F__k  as to what happens in our back yard. 

Cheers Zoran

MP Zali Steggal (Warringah)opposes it so does Emma McBride member for Dobell (Wyong). 

if you live on the northern beaches you need lobby liberal state MP Rob Stokes - he has been silent on the issue.

https://www.robstokes.com.au/contact-0

Thanks Zoran for bringing this to our attention 

This could be more detrimental than the previous attempt at the lockout zones for fishos & all who enjoy the coastal lifestyle 

I will be passing this on to everyone I know & have already sent 2 x emails off to local MPs

• Thanks 1

Hi Zoran I don't know if you read my post on "Marine Park Concerns" when the proposal was put forward for the marine park lock-outs. I believe something similar by a great number of constituents is the way to initially approach this, because if it goes ahead, well, we as users of the ocean know the threat/disaster it proposes.

9 hours ago, wazatherfisherman said:

Hi Zoran I don't know if you read my post on "Marine Park Concerns" when the proposal was put forward for the marine park lock-outs. I believe something similar by a great number of constituents is the way to initially approach this, because if it goes ahead, well, we as users of the ocean know the threat/disaster it proposes.

Hi Waza, yes I read your comprehensive submission at the time and was one of the first to give it a like. I have also just re-read it and couldn't agree more that there are many parts that could just be re-used in  a submission regarding the PEP. 

28 minutes ago, Rebel said:

@zmk1962

I signed the petition. The MP'S who are in favour of this will be silent. The Opposition can dance all they like.

Cheers.

Thanks Rebel.  That's why when I contacted my MP's I asked them to declare their position. If enough folks do this we'd be able to form a clear picture of for and against.

Cheers Zoran

1 hour ago, wazatherfisherman said:

If you go to www.saveourcoast.org there is a pre-written message which has a simple "click" button to send to the relevant politicians- a good place to start while we construct our own messages

Yes... I have provided that link in my original post above ... just under the picture ... that's what I have used to lodge my original position with the MPs. Now waiting for their response to see if it requires a further submission of considerations.

Cheers Zoran

Is this a joke?

You're against oil and coal?

If you don't use any oil and coal in your life, such as a car, a recreational boat, electricity from the grid, and food from the store that uses oil and gas for logistics and storage, then I applaud you for doing something you believe in.

However, if you still take advantage of these things and just want them somewhere where they don't impact your leisure activities, or are looking to pat yourself on the back and feel warm and fuzzy, then you are really selfish and elitist and a stain on the human race. 

5 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Yes... I have provided that link in my original post above ... just under the picture ... that's what I have used to lodge my original position with the MPs. Now waiting for their response to see if it requires a further submission of considerations.

Cheers Zoran

Hi Zoran sorry my bad! You've got me reading and thinking- thanks for alerting us to what's going on, until I read your post I had no idea.

• Thanks 1