Trailer boat fishing tournament

Smobaby

11 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

If it's at Port Maquarie I think he is there now.

I'm up at PS at the moment & wanted to meet up be he said he had to go to a tournament in PM

Could be the one?

Jeff is at football State comp (not fishing)

Normally I get emails from the organiser of the TBFT and there has been nothing. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Smobaby said:

It is in Port Stephens usually the weekend before Easter an absolutely great weekend if you have not experienced it well recommended.

Are you talking about the marlin comp? 

That's usually on at the end of February.

https://www.nswgfa.com.au/tournament.php?2021-Garmin-Billfish-Shootout-Tournament-12

21 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Jeff is at football State comp (not fishing)

Normally I get emails from the organiser of the TBFT and there has been nothing. 

Ah ok, he just said it was a state tournament, knowing Jeff I just thought fishing 🤔 :whistling:😄☺️

The inter club marlin tournament is this weekend. 
The trailer boat tournament is on hold due to covid. I’ll message Tony Poole and try to find out what’s happening. 
The Comp I’m going to this weekend is State cup (unfortunately not fishing)  chasing 3 talented kids around acres of paddocks for 3 days! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Maybe here’s a chance for a fishraider meet up???? 

Where is this tournament at anyway Scratchie?

Have to admit tournaments don't really interest me but I'm sure other FR's would be keen.

Besides kind of have my heart set on hitting the snaps or kings around Broughton.

Just wish I had a big enough boat to get there myself.

One day............

12 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

Where is this tournament at anyway Scratchie?

Have to admit tournaments don't really interest me but I'm sure other FR's would be keen.

Besides kind of have my heart set on hitting the snaps or kings around Broughton.

Just wish I had a big enough boat to get there myself.

One day............

The tournament is held up here every year. It is run by the Shoal Bay fishing club. We’ve entered a few fishraider teams in the past. Just a great excuse to get together for the weekend and go fishing. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

May 14-16.

https://tbft.net.au

Interesting... about that time (maybe the week after, hopefully?), Little Beach boat ramp will be closed for refurbishment for a few months. The “short cut” road to Soldiers Point ramp, Foreshore Drive at Corlette has subsided and will be closed indefinitely and the road between Tomaree Headland and the Shoal Bay ramp is apparently closed due to current weather events. I imagine major works may be required there, too. Wait and see, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

• 1 month later...

Yes totally understand Tony is a top bloke wish him all the best. Very disappointing for all the others that have booked accommodation and holidays for this occasion. Weather not looking the best anyhow but hopefully the fishing community will join together and have a great weekend for those that still turn up.  Will miss the commadartery involved with this competition,It's a bit hard to cancel accommodation with such short notice. Will still have a great week away. Hopefully catch a fish or two and relax in a beautiful spot. Have a house on the waters edge at Corlette pull the boat up to the beach and enjoy.