Congrats to our Scratchie - DECKEE Brand Ambassador

mrsswordfisherman

A huge congrats to @Scratchie on becoming a fishraider Deckee brand Ambassador. 
This was posted on Instagram late this afternoon.

Well deserved Jeff👏🎣🐠👍

3AE1E4E9-F7A6-4753-B92C-5D165993AC5A.jpeg
deckeeapp Deckee is proud to announce Jeff “Scratchie” Thompson as an official brand Ambassador! @team_scratchie⠀
⠀
A local fisherman and colourful personality from the Port Stephens area, Scratchie has a love of the outdoors and is constantly exploring out on the water.⠀
⠀
His fishing journey began as an 11-year-old on a family holiday, when he was introduced to a handline, and captured one big angry fish. From then on he was ‘hooked’!⠀
⠀
An enormously passionate fisho, Scratchie is a Senior Moderator for Fishraider.com.au, and enjoys taking fellow members out for fishing sessions to showcase the beautiful waterways of Port Stephens and teach them about safe boating.⠀
⠀
Recently, Scratchie rescued four fishermen that were stranded in the ocean for almost an hour after their boat capsized. The story was covered on all national news stations. His experience out on the water and his engagement with the fishing community make him an ideal Deckee Ambassador.⠀
⠀
“I am honoured to be nominated as a Deckee Ambassador and look forward to spreading the word with the wider boating and fishing community,” said Scratchie.

• Like 8

Thanks so much @mrsswordfisherman for posting this and your continued for me and the fishraider community. 

I’m very proud to be representing fishraider within the Deckee brand. 
The Deckee app is an exciting innovation and has some great tools and information to help you safely navigate whilst boating. 

The app itself is developing all the time with some fantastic existing features like:

Detailed weather information 

Mapping with locations to marinas, fuel, bouys etc. You can also use the distance marker whilst on the water for your next location. 

It has reminder settings which is a unique feature. Enabling you to set expiry dates and reminders for all your safety  and boating equipment 

Quick links for Transport NSW, Tasmania and WA. 

Coming soon, it will also have “log your trip”.  That will record speed, distance, trip time, heading and you’ll be able to save it to your profile. 

PLUS........... Coming really soon..............

I will have a STORY MARKER that I can place on the app, where you can follow me and my journeys to see where I am and what I’m up too whilst on the water! 

So if haven’t downloaded the app, do it now and get onboard with Deckee. 

You can also follow them on Instagram @deckeeapp and me on @team_scratchie

Tight lines all,

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 6

Thanks so much @mrsswordfisherman for posting this and your continued for me and the fishraider community. 

I’m very proud to be representing fishraider within the Deckee brand. 
The Deckee app is an exciting innovation and has some great tools and information to help you safely navigate whilst boating. 

The app itself is developing all the time with some fantastic existing features like:

Detailed weather information 

Mapping with locations to marinas, fuel, bouys etc. You can also use the distance marker whilst on the water for your next location. 

It has reminder settings which is a unique feature. Enabling you to set expiry dates and reminders for all your safety  and boating equipment 

Quick links for Transport NSW, Tasmania and WA. 

Coming soon, it will also have “log your trip”.  That will record speed, distance, trip time, heading and you’ll be able to save it to your profile. 

PLUS........... Coming really soon..............

I will have a STORY MARKER that I can place on the app, where you can follow me and my journeys to see where I am and what I’m up too whilst on the water! 

So if haven’t downloaded the app, do it now and get onboard with Deckee. 

You can also follow them on Instagram @deckeeapp and me on @team_scratchie

Tight lines all,

cheers scratchie!!! 

So I opened the App Store, downloaded the app and it said it was sending me an email to validate, after around 30 minutes got the email.

Went to the app that is supposed to show fishing spots and it has a total of 4 off Sydney. 12 Mile, Browns Mountain and a couple at Long Reef. No FAD's, wave riders, reefs or anything.

Sorry Scratchie but that app looks to be 99% useless or am I missing something?

Edited by GordoRetired

1 hour ago, GordoRetired said:

So I opened the App Store, downloaded the app and it said it was sending me an email to validate, after around 30 minutes got the email.

Went to the app that is supposed to show fishing spots and it has a total of 4 off Sydney. 12 Mile, Browns Mountain and a couple at Long Reef. No FAD's, wave riders, reefs or anything.

Hey Gordo, 

Thanks for your feedback. 

The app is is there for boating and safety information as well as some of the features I outlined above. 
It is not navionics. But it is constantly developing all the time. 
Once you have the app, you are able to place your own fishing spots and share with other users if you wish. 
I would like all fishraiders to get on board early and show their support as Deckee is also the owner of this site. 
Any suggestions are welcome and will be forwarded to the development team. 

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Hey Gordo, 

Thanks for your feedback. 

The app is is there for boating and safety information as well as some of the features I outlined above. 
It is not navionics. But it is constantly developing all the time. 
Once you have the app, you are able to place your own fishing spots and share with other users if you wish. 
I would like all fishraiders to get on board early and show their support as Deckee is also the owner of this site. 
Any suggestions are welcome and will be forwarded to the development team. 

cheers scratchie!!! 

I dont see any problem at all if fishing spots are not added for public, probably the opposite LOL. There are plenty GPS marks around - just do a bit of homework.  

What I would appreciate is App ability to add(manually or upload file) own GPS marks in several formats - rather than currently dropping a pin. Also , a basic depth and/or some bottom structure map would be a nice feature.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, savit said:

I dont see any problem at all if fishing spots are not added for public, probably the opposite LOL.

Quite a few fishos read these reports, for their own advantage, but will not join the forum and provide info to others.

14 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Quite a few fishos read these reports, for their own advantage, but will not join the forum and provide info to others.

There is no lack of latest  fishing reports (with photos, even sometimes current biting area) on current social media.  I have seen even Fishraiders reports posted faster on FB than on a forum.  What those short reports  are missing is a good report story and regularly quality of comments.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, savit said:

I dont see any problem at all if fishing spots are not added for public, probably the opposite LOL. There are plenty GPS marks around - just do a bit of homework.  

What I would appreciate is App ability to add(manually or upload file) own GPS marks in several formats - rather than currently dropping a pin. Also , a basic depth and/or some bottom structure map would be a nice feature.

Thanks Savit. 

This was actually first question I asked about the mapping, depths and contour lines. Lol 

As the app develops, that is where I will try and have the most input as a rec fisho. The benefits will be enormous. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yowie said:

Plenty Yowie! 
Although we all know, the more you put into, then the more you get out of it! 🤙

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GordoRetired said:

@GordoRetired the Deckee app is powered by crowdsourced info and reports from fellow boaters and recreational fishos. It’s just how our fishraider community started and became the best fishing forum in Australia. 

It is there for us to use and give ideas as to what we as rec fishos and boaters would like to see. 

We are able to have input. We are the perfect community with years of experience and full of great ideas. 

I will ask Mike to do a post regarding things.  I have asked for some focus groups to be set up so everyone can have input. 

Get the app, start playing around, put your thinking caps on be ready with ideas when we are called on by Deckee team. 

I have every confidence in our members to help on this. Deckee is very pleased to have us. 

Let’s just get back to congratulating @Scratchie. He has a big following here and on Instagram. He is well respected. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

@GordoRetired the Deckee app is powered by crowdsourced info and reports from fellow boaters and recreational fishos. It’s just how our fishraider community started and became the best fishing forum in Australia. 

It is there for us to use and give ideas as to what we as rec fishos and boaters would like to see. 

We are able to have input. We are the perfect community with years of experience and full of great ideas. 

I will ask Mike to do a post regarding things.  I have asked for some focus groups to be set up so everyone can have input. 

Get the app, start playing around, put your thinking caps on be ready with ideas when we are called on by Deckee team. 

I have every confidence in our members to help on this. Deckee is very pleased to have us. 

Let’s just get back to congratulating @Scratchie. He has a big following here and on Instagram. He is well respected. 

Congratulations Scratchie on being selected as a Ambassador. I hope that with your input the app will earn a place on my phone. 

Apologies if my comments earlier offended, that was not the intent.

• Thanks 2