Fishing Laurieton

rodd333

Hey guys heading to Laurieton tomorrow for a week, was just wondering can anyone in the area tell me if I'm wasting my time towing the boat up there from the central coast as in what's the river like , is it worth going for a fish or is the river all brown and dirty ? Cheers Rod

Heaps of rain Rod. Havn't seen the river but likley to be colouring up - was good the other week. Stingray Creek should have better quality water. Check the Manning River as you go over the bridges as a guide. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

Just drove back from up that way this morning and went through some very heavy rain. 

Yes the rivers and creeks are certainly have had some rain and looked dirty but as you said be better than being at work. It may flush some some fish down.

• Thanks 1

I’m up at Port Mac at the moment and it hasn’t stopped raining for 3 days. 
If you want a spot land based, go up to Lake Cathie and walk the shores there. I usually do well on flatties and whiting! 
Haven’t fished North Haven but looks really good. Seen plenty of people pumping nippers as I’ve drove past! 🤔

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Thanks 1

Fishing in the rain is a noble thought, however it's been pissing down for several days here on the mid north coast. I hope zrod has a great holiday but may have to anchor up under Dunbogan bridge for a jewie if this keeps going.

With this rain ths entrance rock walls are best , run in tide as water clears. Rivers were recovering well until the last 2 weeks of rain. Gogleys Lagoon is worth a look, Very shallow.   Lake Cathie is good, Lake is open, so between the entrance and bridge for whiting !  Night fishing can be better,  Beach should be good too. I haven't fished for a couple of weeks, Wind and rain. Before that atomic 38 deep cranks Bluegill and Muddy prawn were working on the flats on Flathead for me.

The prawns are running in Cathie, so Prawn Imitations will work well. Surface the MMD splash prawn has been working,

Regards Howard.

IMG_2134.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys! Also heading Laurieton next week (8th of March)

Can anyone point me in a direction of spots to sound around etc.  and any reliable live bait grounds?

Willing to put in the work, Just a few pointers would be tops!

And any areas up there to drop the pots for a soak? Mainly targeting muddies, Don't want your Goto spot just a general area would be good.

Cheers

Edited by yo_jono