Durras North Beach on South Cost NSW is a good fishing area

KhalidMSyed

Went to Durras North Beach recently and had a great time. Caught one 95cm Bronze Whaler Shark, 2x Salmon and 1x Travelli. The video below is a report of how the Shark was caught.

Edited by mrsswordfisherman
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, KhalidMSyed said:

"stormsandfishing" just told me on YouTube that this is a Bonze Whaler Shark as a gummy would be skinnier, grey with white spots on it’s back and have smaller teeth hence the name.

That is right Khalid, a Bronze Whaler. I will edit your tags.

Good drone work. 

3 hours ago, beachwormer said:

Great video and nice touch releasing him. I've never caught a bronzie but I hear at that size they are very good eating.

Thanks man. I decided to let the shark go because I could not confirm fast enough if it was legal to keep this type of shark. Instead of spending too much time on ID and potentially killing the fish in the process, I opted for letting it go. Hopefully, I can catch it again sometime.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, KhalidMSyed said:

Thanks man. I decided to let the shark go because I could not confirm fast enough if it was legal to keep this type of shark. Instead of spending too much time on ID and potentially killing the fish in the process, I opted for letting it go. Hopefully, I can catch it again sometime.

I stayed with my 19 yo son at a house in North Durras back in December - great spot, caught a feed or two of whiting at the lake entrance. Just far enough away from Batemans Bay to be nice and quiet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beachwormer said:

I stayed with my 19 yo son at a house in North Durras back in December - great spot, caught a feed or two of whiting at the lake entrance. Just far enough away from Batemans Bay to be nice and quiet.

We were there about 4 weeks ago. Great prawning there! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, big Neil said:

You are very adept at using the modern technologies to enhance your posts Khalid. That must be equally as rewarding as the actual fishing experience. Quality work, keep it up. bn

Thanks mate.

• 3 weeks later...