Hacking Idiots and poor fishing

Tweedfisho

Went for a fish this morning against my own advice being a public holiday and all. Anyway headed towards Lilli Pilli and witnessed two boofheads in 2 ski boats, one yellow and one blue with huge outboards.(old school boats).

These guys were racing up and down the main channel from Lilli Pilli to Dolan's Bay and back like absolute lunatics. Was not a good start to the day.

Didn't have much luck down there with the wind etc and boat traffic.

So headed back towards Dolans and caught a squid and put him down live, got picked apart by tailor with nil hookups.

Not much else to report apart from some tiny snapper etc.

Should of known better being a public holiday hahahah.

Hope you guys did better.

• Like 1

We went out for a fish after lunch Friday and came back in the dark. On the the return, coming around the corner into Dolans Bay where the channel is narrow we passed (coming out of Dolans bay) 2 Jet Skis with no lights. First Jet ski had 1 adult and 2 kids and the other we couldn't make out who was on it because it was so dark. Then going up to Water street we had a Tiller stear Tinny go past us going so fast, again with no lights.

Disasters waiting to happen.

• Like 1

You forgot rule #1.

NEVER FISH XMAS,EASTER,ANY PUBLIC HOLIDAY,SCHOOL HOLIDAYS OR SIMPLY DON'T GO OUT EVER LIKE ME!!!😂🤣😂

Sorry to hear the imbeciles are out in force mate.

Sorry I forgot  OR ANY WEEKENDS!!!

Edited by Fab1
  • Like 1

Just now, Rebel said:

Give it time the Law will catch up with them.

And do bugger all like they do mate.These clowns need jail time because it's a matter of time before they kill someone.

1 hour ago, Tweedfisho said:

These guys were racing up and down the main channel from Lilli Pilli to Dolan's Bay and back like absolute lunatics. Was not a good start to the day.

These guys are out most days.  On Saturday morning, they were out before daylight.  But so we’re waterways - they pulled them up with flashing lights and all and made them wait until sunup. It’s still a bit shit though. There is another boat that comes out in the afternoon and does the same route, but at least most people have gone home by then.

I don’t fish the hacking on weekends or public holidays from my boat anymore.  It’s just to hectic.  Too many times I have anchored up out of the channel but still have boats or JetSkis smash right through my burley trail.  I fish outside or take my kayak and get right up in shallow water. That’s what I did on Sunday and scored two thumping whiting off the sand flats (out of 10 nippers). Both were released as I’m going away tomorrow.

I guess what it amounts to is, jet skis and ski boats have just as much right to hoon around as we have rights to fish. The issue near me is the ramp, it seems that is the place to "hang out" and anyone else trying to use the ramp is in real trouble with jet skis and boats all pulled up on or around the ramp, leaving no room to launch or retrieve. I came in from crabbing on Saturday and I had no idea who was coming, going or just hanging out, I ended up putting onto the sand, went and got the car, and the two ski boat trailers were still on the ramp, with no boat seemingly being retrieved or launched, I wandered down to ask "what's going on" and was told "nothing" found the owners (well one owner, the other was out skiing) and asked if he could move so I could retrieve and he looked at me like I was an Alien and went on to explain something about parking too far away. I kind of told him politely that I didn't care how far away he had to park, and that there was a spot that I just left (even tough a car zipped in the second I left) after a bit of to and fro, plus another boat waiting to go in after I got out, he reluctantly moved off the ramp, the other goose out boating was nowhere to be seen.

2 hours ago, Fab1 said:

You forgot rule #1.

NEVER FISH XMAS,EASTER,ANY PUBLIC HOLIDAY,SCHOOL HOLIDAYS OR SIMPLY DON'T GO OUT EVER LIKE ME!!!😂🤣😂

Sorry to hear the imbeciles are out in force mate.

Sorry I forgot  OR ANY WEEKENDS!!!

Your 100% mate, I'll learn my lesson hahaha.

57 minutes ago, noelm said:

I guess what it amounts to is, jet skis and ski boats have just as much right to hoon around as we have rights to fish. The issue near me is the ramp, it seems that is the place to "hang out" and anyone else trying to use the ramp is in real trouble with jet skis and boats all pulled up on or around the ramp, leaving no room to launch or retrieve. I came in from crabbing on Saturday and I had no idea who was coming, going or just hanging out, I ended up putting onto the sand, went and got the car, and the two ski boat trailers were still on the ramp, with no boat seemingly being retrieved or launched, I wandered down to ask "what's going on" and was told "nothing" found the owners (well one owner, the other was out skiing) and asked if he could move so I could retrieve and he looked at me like I was an Alien and went on to explain something about parking too far away. I kind of told him politely that I didn't care how far away he had to park, and that there was a spot that I just left (even tough a car zipped in the second I left) after a bit of to and fro, plus another boat waiting to go in after I got out, he reluctantly moved off the ramp, the other goose out boating was nowhere to be seen.

Hey mate, there is alot of selfish behaviour on and off the water. Would be good if everyone could think of others as well as themselves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mark_s said:

These guys are out most days.  On Saturday morning, they were out before daylight.  But so we’re waterways - they pulled them up with flashing lights and all and made them wait until sunup. It’s still a bit shit though. There is another boat that comes out in the afternoon and does the same route, but at least most people have gone home by then.

I don’t fish the hacking on weekends or public holidays from my boat anymore.  It’s just to hectic.  Too many times I have anchored up out of the channel but still have boats or JetSkis smash right through my burley trail.  I fish outside or take my kayak and get right up in shallow water. That’s what I did on Sunday and scored two thumping whiting off the sand flats (out of 10 nippers). Both were released as I’m going away tomorrow.

Hey mate, good idea, stick away from them smart move. Good work on the whiting.

2 hours ago, Fab1 said:

And do bugger all like they do mate.These clowns need jail time because it's a matter of time before they kill someone.

It is dangerous behaviour that's for sure, pretty reckless. Someone will get hurt by these guys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackfish said:

We went out for a fish after lunch Friday and came back in the dark. On the the return, coming around the corner into Dolans Bay where the channel is narrow we passed (coming out of Dolans bay) 2 Jet Skis with no lights. First Jet ski had 1 adult and 2 kids and the other we couldn't make out who was on it because it was so dark. Then going up to Water street we had a Tiller stear Tinny go past us going so fast, again with no lights.

Disasters waiting to happen.

It's very dangerous, have to be careful.

shame you didn't get much, but ay, you got out.

i agree there's a lot of absolute morons on the water. I went out early Friday morning hoping to escape the idiots, and well i did, but still tinnys with 30hp motors going up the channel on 45+degree angles, 2 speed boats running laps from greys point to I don't know where and back and saw one maritime boat just as i was pulling up the kayak just after 10.

I feel like being on a kayak, launching just about anywhere I seem to miss a lot of the morons and boaters who take their boat out a few times a year. 

Nothing pisses me off more then boats driving past, seeing me and a mate pull up multiple kings, bonito and salmon just to have them do a 180 and drop anchor right besides us, and then not even return the single rat king they caught

About the only thing thats good about getting old is that in retirement you don't have to fish on weekends.   I only fish weekdays where possible but will have a go at night on weekends for jewies after the mob have gone home.   Only exception is when fishing comps as unfortunately they are always on weekends.  Only way to beat the ramp issues is to launch early as most yobbos don't seem to want to get out of bed too early.   Hang in there and don't let them spoil your fun.  Ron   

3 hours ago, Fab1 said:

That's why you catch nothing. :074:

Take a chance, OR, take a R.P.G. to deal with the lunatics. :074::074:

• Haha 2

The ski boats were at the ramp when i launched this morning at that stage there was 3 boats with two in each.  Being a water skier I thought cool old school boats but there is no crew to ski. Afterwards I saw one going pretty hard trimmed out and looking pretty sketchy.

The thing with the Hacking is that it is such a small system it really isn't the place for what they were there to do. 

Maritime were out and about today, i will post up a report. 

Edited by Welster
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tweedfisho said:

Went for a fish this morning against my own advice being a public holiday and all. Anyway headed towards Lilli Pilli and witnessed two boofheads in 2 ski boats, one yellow and one blue with huge outboards.(old school boats).

I reported this f***ing retard to the water police earlier this year. He travels at 70 knots or more (yes 70 knots). He is a danger to other boaties, he would have no control if he ever had to swerve to avoid another boat/kayak/paddle board etc.

50 knots through the 8 knot zone in Lilli Pilli. Need a location or rego number.

I have an idea he has the boat stored in Burraneer Bay, and he is out and about before the water police and maritime are on the water.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yowie said:

I reported this f***ing retard to the water police earlier this year. He travels at 70 knots or more (yes 70 knots). He is a danger to other boaties, he would have no control if he ever had to swerve to avoid another boat/kayak/paddle board etc.

50 knots through the 8 knot zone in Lilli Pilli. Need a location or rego number.

I have an idea he has the boat stored in Burraneer Bay, and he is out and about before the water police and maritime are on the water.

Hopefully I see this knob out on the water if I ever get out again.

42 minutes ago, campr said:

About the only thing thats good about getting old is that in retirement you don't have to fish on weekends.   I only fish weekdays where possible but will have a go at night on weekends for jewies after the mob have gone home.   Only exception is when fishing comps as unfortunately they are always on weekends.  Only way to beat the ramp issues is to launch early as most yobbos don't seem to want to get out of bed too early.   Hang in there and don't let them spoil your fun.  Ron   

Absolutely agree 

23 minutes ago, Welster said:

The thing with the Hacking is that it is such a small system it really isn't the place for what they were there to do

That’s the thing. In quite a few places the hacking navigation channels narrow to within 30m width. There are kayaks (including novices from the bundeena hire place), stand up paddle boards, lots of boats, jets skis, even an electric surf board getting around.  Plus the big boats are getting bigger and jet ski numbers have doubled in the last year. Then you get people anchoring mid channel to fish. There are legitimate safety issues here.

Edited by mark_s

1 hour ago, Tweedfisho said:

Hey mate, there is alot of selfish behaviour on and off the water. Would be good if everyone could think of others as well as themselves.

From what I've seen over the years plenty of people wouldn't even know they had a brain let alone use theirs.

You've got Buckley's of them thinking about others.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mark_s said:

That’s the thing. In quite a few places the hacking navigation channels narrow to within 30m width. There are kayaks (including novices from the bundeena hire place), stand up paddle boards, lots of boats, jets skis, even an electric surf board getting around.  Plus the big boats are getting bigger and jet ski numbers have doubled in the last year. Then you get people anchoring mid channel to fish. There are legitimate safety issues here.

I agree theres a lot happening in a small area and its going to get worse over time.  The number and size of boats mooring overnight really seems to have skyrocketed.  There a constantly growing number of people sharing the waterways. 

• Like 1