Fingal Island Snapper

Rummers

Afternoon Raiders, 

after some advice on this forum and from the local tackle shops I’ve finally fronted out the heads of Port Stephens. 

Friday up for an early start and trolled lures all the way to Fingal Island and bait fished for some Snapper. Only caught undersized Snaps and a few Bonito but did get used to driving my boat out front. 

Decided to give it another crack this morning, hit the water and was out the heads right on first light. Didn’t muck around and headed straight out to Fingal Island and fished the Tomaree side, got a legal snapper through the little fish. 
Went around the front and fished around some bommies, got another better size Snapper and then got smoked by something big... twice... 

Whilst it was a busy weekend fighting through the boats, I rate it a success for taking my boat out (even in perfect conditions) and building the confidence out front, and geez I’m addicted now!! 

Thanks for reading my dribble! Hope y’all had a great Easter 

4BE65C9E-D44B-4A51-8657-AB25A24FB591.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Good stuff rummers. I was out Friday too but a bit south of you! Keep at it, there’s some good snapper about. Those dustings were probably Mac tuna. There’s been a million of them around. Absolute pests! Great to fight on light gear but disappointing when you think you have a brut snapper! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 2

Scratchie - I’d be happy with a Mac Tuna 😂hopefully the weather gives me some more opportunity to head out soon!!

Pickles - it’s a plate alloy Australia boat. 4.85m with a 70hp Yamaha on it. I’ve only had it since January and trying to take the safe option and slowly get used to it in different conditions instead of going straight out to Broughton and ending up on the news 😂

315B10AE-D1F0-4361-A895-811EC5F86898.png

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rummers said:

Scratchie - I’d be happy with a Mac Tuna 😂hopefully the weather gives me some more opportunity to head out soon!!

Pickles - it’s a plate alloy Australia boat. 4.85m with a 70hp Yamaha on it. I’ve only had it since January and trying to take the safe option and slowly get used to it in different conditions instead of going straight out to Broughton and ending up on the news 😂

Great rig 

5 hours ago, Rummers said:

If you are looking for some confidence then I’ll jump onboard and show you! That’s bigger than my boat! Just send me a pm! 🤙

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1