Easter Monday

Welster

It has been ages since the last fishing adventure.   With rain forecast the next few days I decided today was the one.

There wasn't much swell about, the wind was stronger then predicted so after poking our nose outside I decided I didn’t want to persevere with it so we ducked back inside.

Usually I’d have a plan A, B and C but today I had nothing I just wanted to be on the water.    We worked our way back in trying various spots.   

I caught a banjo ray pretty promptly then the fishing was so slow we were struggling to even lose a bait.   We came across a few bust ups and still came up empty.

At our final spot near Lilli Pilli the bust ups found us.  Dad managed to pull a decent Trevor from under it followed by two more, he also managed a just under size reddie.  

Maritime were out and about they came over for a safety gear check. While fussing about  to get the get the gear out the recent FR chats about its accessibility were running through my mind.   Turns out my fire extinguisher is out of date and needs to be replaced.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Welster said:

It has been ages since the last fishing adventure.   With rain forecast the next few days I decided today was the one.

There wasn't much swell about, the wind was stronger then predicted so after poking our nose outside I decided I didn’t want to persevere with it so we ducked back inside.

Usually I’d have a plan A, B and C but today I had nothing I just wanted to be on the water.    We worked our way back in trying various spots.   

I caught a banjo ray pretty promptly then the fishing was so slow we were struggling to even lose a bait.   We came across a few bust ups and still came up empty.

At our final spot near Lilli Pilli the bust ups found us.  Dad managed to pull a decent Trevor from under it followed by two more, he also managed a just under size reddie.  

Maritime were out and about they came over for a safety gear check. While fussing about  to get the get the gear out the recent FR chats about its accessibility were running through my mind.   Turns out my fire extinguisher is out of date and needs to be replaced.  

Great report mate.You were lucky you didn't come across any imbecilles out there.🙄

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Welster said:

At least you managed to get out for a fish.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Great report mate.You were lucky you didn't come across any imbecilles out there.🙄

Lucky indeed.  As long as they give me some space I am pretty happy.   

7 hours ago, Yowie said:

At least you managed to get out for a fish.

Yep and one of dads trevs for lunch today 😋.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2021 at 8:00 PM, Welster said:

Nice report, good to be out on the water I bet.

Good to see you out and about with the old man. When it’s been a while, fish are a bonus! 
Yes the safety gear check! Very important part of boating that we all overlook until we need it. Thanks for the reminder on the fire extinguisher. I haven’t checked that 🤔

cheers scratchie!!!