Silverwater boat ramp upgrade page on FB

motiondave

Hello people, Ive started a facebook page 

"Silverwater Boat Ramp Upgrade Needed"

Id appreciate of people could search for it, like the page, add a comment, and share it around.

With all the extra boat traffic, the ol' SIlverwater could do with some attention, at the very least , a floating pontoon upgrade, as the wharf, as anyone knows thats been there, is dangerous at lower tides and trying to manage a boat with ferry wash it bad enough.

So if people could please look up the page, like, comment on the page, eventually I will be submitting this to the council that runs the ramp as a petition for upgrade.

Cheers.

Sorry but I think rather than a FB approach you might be better looking at what can actually reach Nsw & local governments.

Not sure how FB is going to have any actual impact?

It's also an idea to contact the shooters fishers & farmers party to see what the best approach might be.

From memory there was a recent grants scheme where LGA's could seek funding.

I'm sure this will be an on going thing.

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kingie chaser said:

Sorry but I think rather than a FB approach you might be better looking at what can actually reach Nsw & local governments.

Not sure how FB is going to have any actual impact?

It's also an idea to contact the shooters fishers & farmers party to see what the best approach might be.

From memory there was a recent grants scheme where LGA's could seek funding.

I'm sure this will be an on going thing.

Those would be the next step as well. Thanks for that, however the public petition via Facebook, so to speak, might help if more than just one person request work done. 

3 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

cheers, Ive sent an email to DPI asking if ramp upgrades falls under this funding.

Bit at a time, 

Hypothetically speaking, if work got done over winter ready for next summer, that would be awesome, but I do not expect anything to happen in a hurry.

1 hour ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

I am not sure if the DPI Grants were even offered in 2021. 

There was a pause in 2020 with applications closing in Oct 2020. I don't think they gave any out. 

@motiondave just an email to the local council will help your request. 

I got a reply from DPI

"

Hi David,

Most grant funded boat ramp upgrades are performed under the Roads and Maritime run Boating Now Program. The money is generated from the sale of boating licences and registrations etc. 

The majority of boat ramp infrastructure upgrades funded by the Recreational Fishing Trusts have been fish cleaning tables/shelters and fishing platforms. There have been a few instances where regional boat ramps have not been a priority for funding under Boating Now and applicants have applied to the Recreational Fishing Trusts."

I will look further into it
cheers Donna

• Like 1

Agree ypu have to be proactive, as they say if you don't ask you don't get.

As Donna mentioned it is a local council thing but I'm sure the state government also gives additional funding as well.

I remember seeing Gladys at a new ramp opening a little while ago, maybe 12 months ago.

Keep at it (them) Dave, good luck :thumbup:

• Like 1

Howdy

I found out, the ramps along Sydney , are owned and run by Transport NSW

Heres a feedback complaints link

https://transportnsw.info/contact-us/feedback/general-feedback

if people could please fill it out and send it, even if Silverwater is not your ramp, it just might get them to do something and goodness forbid, one of you might actually have to use Silverwater ramp in the future .

I specified slip and trip hazard and to figure out how to deal with a pontoon and ferry wash.

Cheers, Dave.

I don’t do mug book or the twit thing but I filled out the form in your link Dave.

Waiting to see if they reply - not holding my breath tho .

There are far too few ramps in Sydney and with the increase in boating each year we need more and refurbish what is there now .

That ramp was always a run down thing ! I grew up just to the north of Silverwater and only used that ramp a couple of times . Wharf road was our local ramp or the one next to the ferry wharf at Meadowbank ( no longer there ) and when we really wanted some fun we would go to Putney ramp and watch people slipping over , We were once granted the excitement of seeing one poor bugger back down the ramp a little too fast and when he hit the skids the car slid off the end of the ramp ! A near new looking Holden Ute submerged half way up the doors and a boat that had now floated off the trailer ! 

• Like 1

Thanks @XD351, another bloke got a reply that they would notify Parramatta council as apparently they run the ramp. But Parra council said transport NSW runs the ramp

However , the feedback was sent to Parra council by transport NSW.

yes, the poor old ramp needs some attention, especially with all the new boats out and I doubt any new ramps are planned, but with 50% increase, and that's liable to drop a bit when overseas travel commences, but I'd say will climb back up with immigration recommence, it's probably about time Silverwater got looked at. I'd say if enough forms get submitted, something will happen.