Ah fishing

nutsaboutfishing

After having donuts last few times out,  I was determined to get a bream.

With the heavy rains a few weeks back the “too much fresh”, “water too dirty” excuses were wearing a bit thin.

Started flicking old faithful zman 2.5 inch grubz watermelon red 1/16 in a spot where I’ve had  success in the past.  Nada.

The wind direction shifted so I moved so I still had it behind me, wasn’t far as I was fishing a small bay.  
There were one or two larger fish that were disturbing the bait at random areas all within casting distance. What were the chances of hooking one?

Suddenly I was on. Takes off like a freight train. The draft was singing. I made sure I kept a good bend in the rod. The fish leaps, salmon! 
I’m using my bream rod but glad I had 10lb leader. 
After about a 5 min fight and half a dozen jumps I finally have the fish in the net. Unfortunately I proceed to drop the net with the fish inside it into the water. Normally I wear my shimano evairs when I fish but wouldn’t you know it the one time I drop the net with the fish inside it into the water I’m wearing thongs. 
So I put my rod on the grass and go in after my net, thinking to myself if this fish takes off it’ll have my rod and my net, something I think has never happened in the history of fishing.

After a few hairy moments I’ve got fish and net on the grass. Completely stoked has it measures 60cn.

A few photos back she goes. She takes a few tail swishers she proceeds to float belly up! What to do?   Because I fishing about 70cm above the water I  only got my net because it was attached to the fish which was attached to my rod so it was still on the surface. Preparing to jump in I had a brainwave I used afore mentioned net to swim the fish from the safety of dry land and finally she swims away happy.

You know people say you should always rock fish in pairs in case you get into trouble. With my self made predicaments I’m wondering if I should do this with all my land based fishing.  
Never did get that bream I was after

753D46F6-10A4-43BE-9E25-24965D50C8D9.jpeg

Edited by nutsaboutfishing
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1