Is this a circle hook or a J hook?

slothparade

10 hours ago, slothparade said:

How far out will they be? I have tried a few time with no luck 

They can be anywhere from just behind the shorebreak to well out of casting distance.

The best place I've found to start is right on the sides of holes and gutters where the white wash from the banks is spilling into the deeper water.

If your beach has a dune or high car park behind it, look for dark patches in the water from up there, preferably close in. This will most likely be fish.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

They can be anywhere from just behind the shorebreak to well out of casting distance.

The best place I've found to start is right on the sides of holes and gutters where the white wash from the banks is spilling into the deeper water.

If your beach has a dune or high car park behind it, look for dark patches in the water from up there, preferably close in. This will most likely be fish.

Could dark water be weed patches as well? Is there a difference to look for?

34 minutes ago, slothparade said:

Could dark water be weed patches as well? Is there a difference to look for?

It can be weed. That's why I said "most likely be fish".

Weed will generally look a lot darker in colour than fish, but not always and fish may also move slowly along the beach.

Also, keep an eye out for other obvious signs, such as terns diving and concentrated seagull activity, baitfish rippling on the surface etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1