Yellowfin 7000 Deck Drain Issues

Marchy65

I bought a second hand 2019 YF7000 Southerner in October 2020. Great boat, very happy. However, the deck is constantly wet. Not flooded, but an annoying amount of water under your feet. By my calculations, the outlet holes in the vee drain at the back of the deck, are the same level as the scupper outlet on the transom which is below water level. Seems like a flawed design. The "squash ball" non return valve arrangement seems to be working (not stuck but who knows what is going on in there when at rest?). When you're underway the water drains off but afetr a while at rest, it seems to get water back on the deck. Has anyone with a YF7000 had similar problems or even better, come up with a work around?

• 4 months later...
On 5/7/2021 at 7:14 PM, Marchy65 said:

I bought a second hand 2019 YF7000 Southerner in October 2020. Great boat, very happy. However, the deck is constantly wet. Not flooded, but an annoying amount of water under your feet. By my calculations, the outlet holes in the vee drain at the back of the deck, are the same level as the scupper outlet on the transom which is below water level. Seems like a flawed design. The "squash ball" non return valve arrangement seems to be working (not stuck but who knows what is going on in there when at rest?). When you're underway the water drains off but afetr a while at rest, it seems to get water back on the deck. Has anyone with a YF7000 had similar problems or even better, come up with a work around?

I have the 6200 yellowfin HT.

I used to have this problem. There are two tubes that run from the deck to the scuppers. I found that whenever i wash ky boat inevitably some dirt/debri will.wash down the tubes.

Over time, the debri stops the squash ball from fully closing.

I remove the scupper cap and clean it out every month. No more water coming in.

• Like 2