Lane cover River Saturday 8th May

So I got out after 10 am to go do a bit of fishing,left Drummoyne ramp and headed out to Lane cove river, got there about an hour before low tide, so I drifted down on the flats across from the college with a few nibbles,so I went back up and anchored across from college wharf on the edge of the flats. The tide had just about stopped, so I tossed a curl tail grub around and got two flathead, bait lines were getting cleaned but thats all, then tide started to move and lines got hit more. but wanted some bream, so I anchored up near the college wharf and tossed bait lines at the wharf edges and one in the channel. All using squid bits, not biting on anything else, some hits on the plastic, but bait lines kept me busy. I got four decent bream from 25cm to STONKER size, and another lizard, and also tossed back a soapie jewfish , three tailor and another undersize bream, was busy from about 1pm till 3:30pm then went quiet, no worries, I got a great haul of fish, so I took off home. 

Best day Ive had out for a while.

saw a big cruiser parked at drummoyne waiting for people, I joking asked if he was waiting for his trailer, he laughed back. all good. he was waiting for passengers,  Nice bloke owning a BIG boat.

IMG_20210508_135254.jpg

IMG_20210508_143359.jpg

IMG_20210508_152028.jpg

IMG_20210508_155413.jpg

IMG_20210508_161106.jpg

IMG_20210508_111556.jpg

IMG_20210508_111558.jpg

• Like 14
9 minutes ago, frankS said:

Dave. You are doing OK lately, that's a good catch and a nice Bream.

Frank

Cheers, it's been a while...I've not caught that many keepers so that a personal record for me😁

40 minutes ago, Blackfish said:

Good stuff Dave and that's a cracker a Bream 👍

Yeah...is fat and heavy, I thought it was a big flatty until I got it in sight

• Like 1

Great day on the water Dave with some cracking fish captured. That Bream is massive. Thanks for the report. bn

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Stonker bream, how big did it go?

Good to see especially after all of the rain

Edited by Berrero
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Berrero said:

Stonker bream, how big did it go?

Good to see especially after all of the rain

What about the rest of the catch?!?!

😁.

No idea , I didn't measure, must be well over the 40cm mark...

The water was murky, I was a bit concerned at first until the tide moved the other way...

Nice bag of fish for you, best you have posted for a while. A few feeds in that lot.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Good effort Dave, very pleased you got a good feed mate.

Thanks, it's the best catch I've had for a long time. As and I've had no luck with kingies, yet, it made my day with this lot. 

1 hour ago, Fluid36 said:

Well done mate, wasn't aware it was ok to eat fish from there, may have to give it a crack.

Yes it's fine to eat fish from there, like most stuff there is recommended limits due to pollution though, but you are not going to die from eating a few now and then. Considering what most of us absorb from every day food, processed drinks, and or if you smoke, don't panic. 

• Like 1