Anyone actually eaten squid from Sydney harbour?

slothparade

Hi, 

I'm planning to go squiding about 200 m east of the harbor bridge and was curious if anyone has actually eaten squid from the harbor, east of the bridge in particular. 

I know the DPI has done research into it and they do have a table that advises the limits of what you can eat just curious if anyone actually has eating them and if its safe or not or if there's any funny taste.

Thanks 

all the time-then again 99.9% of the squid i get are from middle harbour or the oceanic bits around middle head. The toxins that the DPI are worried about tend to be bio accumulators and in really short lived animals like squidies i doubt they are an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mike Sydney said:

Yeah chowed down on some rings a couple weeks back from some pulled out at Rose Bay and I’m still alive !

word must’ve gotten around the squid population as I copped my first inking on Friday haha

8713DDD8-DD3A-4666-A6EA-4651EC57718A.jpeg

how did you cook them, they don't look deep fried so shallow fry i guess?

19 hours ago, slothparade said:

how did you cook them, they don't look deep fried so shallow fry i guess?

Yeah shallow pan fry in a teeny bit of oil. I think the dark colour is due to my phoning in the squid cleaning before I cut it up. Tasty though !

• Thanks 1

I haven't had squid from that close to the bridge but I do have squid from around Clifton gardens (close to spot X). No issues so far (that I know of) even after bagging out on calamari.