Lean day on Kingies, but snapper have started they’re winter run.

Pickles

Headed out from Roseville at 5.30, with buddy Dave. With the threat of rain and wind, it was a confident call, but  we were both keen so put the raincoats in and headed off. The harbour weather was close to perfect with none of the predicted wind rain and there was almost no swell. With such pleasant conditions we decided to venture through the heads and troll along the headlands. We filled the live bait tanks up and had our first Kingie aboard by 8 am. 
I dropped a seriously big fish on cuttlefish and estimate it to be in the 90 cm range.
There  weren’t lots of fish boated today, but there weren’t many boats out either and we went home with a mixed bag of including Trevally and snapper.

Another good day in Gods greatoutdoors

E97ECF9D-A143-4037-99E3-B0D0D548485C.jpeg

7BEFEF5D-9CF0-42C5-A6A1-8340C83074E2.jpeg

• Like 13

The Skipper - I always put in at Davidson Park (Forestville / Roseville) as good ramp, plenty of parking and a wash down area.

Anthman - I was downrigging - forgot the Cannon (electric), so”Poor man’s downrigger” using Yakkas.

The snapper was from Middle Harbour - a live Yakka (little jellybeans)

Hi Pickles,

Hope your well?

I've never launched from Davidson Park boat ramp as I normally fish in botany bay.

checked it out last week and the facilities look good. 

im going to try and catch a kingie around sugarloaf bay if I can next week ?! ( weather looks good midweek )  

Is there a spot close to the boat ramp or near to sugarloaf that I can try for yakkas rather than going back towards the spit bridge?

Thank you in advance.