Hey raiders, 

im after the elusive estuary perch I searched for them in the George’s river last winter as I fish it on the regular but can’t seem to find the any EPs if anyone’s got any pointers on the George’s or anywhere else so I can tick this Aussie battler off my list 🤙🏽 

Tight Lines ..

• Like 1

Hi SW Fisho, EP’s are not like Bass in that they are spread out across a system. My (limited) experience is that they will aggregate around structure and school up together and once you have found them, they are “on”.

A side scan function is therefore very helpful at locating them!. Having said that, they can be like any fish and even though they are there, they are not always active.

(Closed season May1st to September 1st)

I thought they would follow some of the same traits as they’re close cousin the bass but they’re a lot harder to find, maybe I’ve gotta travel further upstream to find some heavier structure! I’ve only got a basic sounder so it’s going to be even more of a struggle with out a side scan, so after all this effort I’m gonna be pumped when I land one, thanks for the pointers champions 

Edited by SWFisho

3 hours ago, dazamcstaga said:

+1 For Chippo lake

IMG_20150114_064013.jpg

20161221_064128.jpg

nice fish mate I’ve been fishing around picnic point but hitting the structure along the river and came up undone chippos next on my hit list 👍🏽

Ive caught them in a few places in the Hawkesbury system-the common theme for me has been structure and back eddies, the closed season is paradoxically the time when they are easiest to catch-which is why its a closed season, there is a fair bit of thought that even catch and release during these periods disrupts spawning, it can be easy to get large numbers when they are schooled up.

I got one in Blackwattle Bay recently.  I've always heard people talking about them being around in the bay.  Worth a session either very early morning or night.  

I got mine on surface but you'll prob be better off using a plastic on the bottom.  My suggestion would be to fish for bream and you'll catch EP's eventually.