Live bait landbased at Nelson Bay

Praga

Hi Guys,

I am heading to Nelson bay next weekend for a family trip and planning to do fishing with my Mrs and kids. 

Can someone guide me where I can catch live bait landbased in the nelson bay area at this time of the year?

Thanks

17 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Fish coop wharf  yakkas slimys

Pretty sure the only place you can only fish on the inside of the marina now is off the rock wall??

I remember the good old days as a kid when you could drop baits down outside the coop back entrance in between trawlers or when there were none there, caught about 75 smileys there in about 30 minutes one day just with a silver hook with no bait.

Used to also get monster bream there to with peeled prawn on a unweighted line, watch them run then pull the trigger, do it to early & no fish.

Still if you were to burley up as close to the wharf as possible Im sure anything on that side of the rock wall would come around eventually.

1 hour ago, kingie chaser said:

Pretty sure the only place you can only fish on the inside of the marina now is off the rock wall??

I remember the good old days as a kid when you could drop baits down outside the coop back entrance in between trawlers or when there were none there, caught about 75 smileys there in about 30 minutes one day just with a silver hook with no bait.

Used to also get monster bream there to with peeled prawn on a unweighted line, watch them run then pull the trigger, do it to early & no fish.

Still if you were to burley up as close to the wharf as possible Im sure anything on that side of the rock wall would come around eventually.

Can't you go off the warf near those crab pots? (back of the sea food restraunt)

I do and have seen plenty of others. 

8 minutes ago, slothparade said:

Can't you go off the warf near those crab pots? (back of the sea food restraunt)

I do and have seen plenty of others. 

Pretty sure its well sign posted around there.

Also the fisheries office is right there on the wharf to 🙃

3 hours ago, Praga said:

Thank you guys for sharing the information.

Weather forecast doesn't look good for the next weekend. I will give the places a go whenever weather permits.

Go Fingal Bay. I fished there in a storm and just kept getting whiting after whiting 

3 hours ago, slothparade said:

Go Fingal Bay. I fished there in a storm and just kept getting whiting after whiting 

Thanks for the tip mate. 

Are pipis found in Fingal beach or I have to buy worms from tackle Shop? I don't have any experience in catching beach worms and less confident of catching one after watching all these YouTube videos 😉

25 minutes ago, Praga said:

Thanks for the tip mate. 

Are pipis found in Fingal beach or I have to buy worms from tackle Shop? I don't have any experience in catching beach worms and less confident of catching one after watching all these YouTube videos 😉

I think there are, duffs bait and tackle at salamander bay shops. I know there are worms there. The spit to that 'island' is apparently good, I fish that gutter about 200 m away from the spit. 

6 minutes ago, slothparade said:

I think there are, duffs bait and tackle at salamander bay shops. I know there are worms there. The spit to that 'island' is apparently good, I fish that gutter about 200 m away from the spit. 

Thanks mate. 

I will give it a go next weekend.