My Wife Says I Have Too Many Rods! 😂

Berleyguts

On 5/26/2021 at 7:47 PM, Yowie said:

I thought I had enough, but when Bruce (Hookerbruce) opened the door to his collection, I have nothing on his collection, my 15 or so rods nothing compared to his.

AND, the wife wants to know why so many rods, reels, hooks, sinkers, lures!  :blink: 

I could ask why she has so many golf clubs, but that would go down like a lead balloon.

You bet it would @Yowie

The better halves are not stupid you know :biggrin2:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

She doesn’t. She is very much a minimalist. She looks beautiful without makeup and always has. She gets rid of things she no longer uses but hasn’t got rid of me yet… thankfully!😂 I’m a very lucky man. 😍

I was just making a light hearted post to break the monotony while I’m down in Sydney for a few days visiting my elderly Mum and we’re apart.

Everyone knows I’m just joking around, right?! 😂😎

.... Nah..... dont believe you.....

Watch out Mate the boat might be next.

You can never have enough Rods & Reels and Tackle.

Tell your wife like I do, the gear is out dated & you need new gear.

The fish don't like old gear.

Cheers.

• Haha 4

On 5/28/2021 at 8:13 AM, Billmack said:

Try this approach 

6F4B2B5E-9B7D-4C60-B9A6-5C313CBA68E2.jpeg

I tried that with the "you have more shoes than Imelda Marcos" quote, than I have fishing tackle. The missus just yelled and swore for some time, it went down like a lead balloon. 🥶     😝

20 hours ago, Yowie said:

I tried that with the "you have more shoes than Imelda Marcos" quote, than I have fishing tackle. The missus just yelled and swore for some time, it went down like a lead balloon. 🥶     😝

Ah.. the truth ALWAYS gets a response....... good on you for sticking up for yourself...

Your wounds will heal eventually......

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2021 at 10:00 PM, TunaSickle said:

The guitar thing made me laugh haha. I have two also plus a similar rod count!

I only have 3 guitars. I definitely need more! There has been discussion in my band about which keys to do our songs in. I’m the lead singer and, as a baritone, I sometimes need to change the key to suit my voice. When discussing a couple of songs to try and which key, I said, “I’ll put a capo on and work it out”. One of the band members (lead guitarist) suggested using a capo was not a good idea, as it can throw the tuning out when you take the capo off for the next song. “Ah!”, I replied. “But I retune with the capo on and again when I change it... but what really makes sense, is to have different guitars tuned appropriately for each scenario... capo on a particular fret/alternate tunings etc.”. It was agreed that this makes sense... so I figured I need one guitar for each of the 12 major keys, plus 1 for Dropped D tuning, 1 for DADGAD tuning, 1 each for Open G, Open E and Open A (for starters), 1 for half-step down, 1 for whole step down and so on. And then there’s the acoustic guitars... oh... and the 12 string guitars... 😂

I’m sure any guitarists out there would understand! 😂😂

I KNOW I have too many fishing rods. I would gladly trade them all in to have my wife beside me and able to comment on the validity of so much gear, not that she ever did. Fishraider is 100% responsible for me having too much gear!

I don't need much gear to do my usual fishing in the Murrumbidgee River. Couple of bait rods and a baitcaster outfit.

However, I have expanded my horizons. Joining many other fantastic (Fishraider) anglers to fish their local areas has necessitated me having different gear. After all I can't expect to be supplied gear AND hospitality, can I? (LOL).

Seriously though... most of us will work for about 50 years to support ourselves and our families. We have a responsibility to support the economy of this great country. Is there a better way than buying a few extra rods and reels?

bn

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

I’m sure any guitarists out there would understand! 😂😂

I certainly do!

To add insult to injury, another of my other hobbies (other than fishing and guitars) is cycling. Try being beholden to Shimano for TWO of your hobbies rather than just the one!

• Haha 3

On 6/2/2021 at 4:54 PM, dmck said:

Ah.. the truth ALWAYS gets a response....... good on you for sticking up for yourself...

Your wounds will heal eventually......

Married for 43 years. No wounds.  🤣

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 7:47 PM, Yowie said:

I thought I had enough, but when Bruce (Hookerbruce) opened the door to his collection, I have nothing on his collection, my 15 or so rods nothing compared to his.

AND, the wife wants to know why so many rods, reels, hooks, sinkers, lures!  :blink: 

I could ask why she has so many golf clubs, but that would go down like a lead balloon.

Just saw this post. The rods you saw only tallied up at 48, then theres 5 blackfish rods and 3 beach rods under the house another 10 in the shed and half a doz up the coast. Why so many, when I take the grandsons fishing everyone has to have at least 1 rod of each type to use. 1 kg up to 15 kg depending on if we are chasing mullet or marlin or anything in between. Every rod has a reel and a lot have a spare spool for different line classes.

Bruce 

• Like 5