Turon trout

Sneak up to the holes  small sp lures   also lots of walkin  there arnt fish in every hole   i caught them near diggers and woolshed flat   crystal clear water  very satisfying tricking them with the sps  after refusing divers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice fish !
Used to fish the turon many moons ago - mid 80s early 90s and the last time I was there - nearly 3 yrs ago and I was struggling to find enough water in the river to cast a line into - were were down the turondale end .

• 2 weeks later...

I went for one last go before end of season  i walked upstream for 5ks  and seen one fish at the start  in a pool  where i released one a week ago  i hate to think someone has read my report and beem up there on weekend and raped it  i left dissapointed  no follows or hits no free swimmers or spooked fish  a week ago there was plenty  i went elsewhere and released 6  i kept one with damaged gills from taking the jig right dowm  biggest released  43  kept 39cm   i wont be putting details of other areas  up in future  they will remain secret

20210608_142309.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some bitter / sweetness about your post Rick. Would be a shame IF someone pillaged the place, any place for that matter. On the plus side you have had a great experience "hunting down your quarry" and been successful. Being out in such amazing, natural, wilderness; stealthily going about your business and using your skills to outwit your target species. That's an experience you don't get every day mate. Your photos are alive with their vibrance and certainly capture the essence of what you were doing. Top job! Neil

Thanks neil  i love catchin big fish  but  there is a certain thrill about tricking trout in clear still waters  they are a magic fish   anyone goin there this wknd will have to fight crowds  the amount of footprints  even 4kms upstream from where i parked was a give away   there were half a doz campsites setup down yday  maybe if the river is left alone till october it might be ok if fish move up or down  but i will be goin to other spots down that way in future

• Like 1