Sistema Brilliance Lunchboxes

Little_Flatty

Just noticed these in Woolies the other day. Claim to be 100% leak proof (big claim) so I bought a couple to try.

If I get to work today without SOUP leaking through the bottom of my bag, I might just trust them with my GULPs, baits and other smelly things we fish with...

I'll update you all on progress :)

• Like 2

I take soup to work as well sometimes, I put it in sealed container, a few rubber bands around the tub, then in a plastic bag, then another rubber band around the bag

46 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

Just noticed these in Woolies the other day. Claim to be 100% leak proof (big claim) so I bought a couple to try.

If I get to work today without SOUP leaking through the bottom of my bag, I might just trust them with my GULPs, baits and other smelly things we fish with...

Hmmmmm swordie used to steal my plastic Sistema boxes for fishing use. 

Soup to take to work use a thermos style one. 

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/thermos-vacuum-insulated-food-jar-470ml-red-thsk3000r?scrollTop=false

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Little_Flatty said:

if they are the clear rectangle box with the thick grey silicon seal, they don't work. I tried with some sucess at the start then found it leaked into the bag. 

These are the 2 I have tried:

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/107057/sistema-klip-it-plus-lunch-container-1-15l

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/680682/sistema-brilliance-medium-rectangle

the first one was crap, don't even bother, the second worked for a little while but eventually leaked. You can shake it around and it won't leak but even when its the right side up it leaks 

Edited by slothparade

Posted (edited)

My systema lunch box also leaks as the clips don’t pull the lid down onto the seal very well but Dave’s idea with the rubber bands might fix that ! , I would be cautious as to the compatibility of the plastic of the container and the soft plastics themselves - might be worth chucking a couple in and letting them sit for a week or so first. Anyone know if different colour gulp plastics play nice with each other ? I usually leave them in the packet they came in but it would be super handy to be able to lob a few different types of gulp plastics in a small sealed plastic container with some juice and take this down to where I want to fish ( usually the beach or estuary  ) , on the beach I use a shoulder bag and like to pack light but having half a dozen zip lock bags in there makes finding the right packet when I need it a pain and having one smallish tub with all I want in it would be much better. I could easily use this system in the estuary as well and might be more convenient than the small backpack i am currently using as I have to remove it to get to the contents .

All this talk about soup has now made me hungry - I could chew the leg off a cast iron bath tub right now !

That reminds me I need to sacrifice a gulp and a Zman to see if they destroy each other - i sense a scientific experiment coming up 🔬

Edited by XD351
Spelling - as usual
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Do not mix ZMan with other lures. Disaster. ZMan has a different makeup to other lures.  I wouldn't mix any lures, just in case.

Cheers.

Edited by Rebel

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Do not mix ZMan with other lures. Disaster. ZMan has a different makeup to other lures.  I wouldn't mix any lures, just in case.

Cheers.

Sounds like you have been there before 😂

The link that Donna posted is for such a soup container and I will be grabbing one tomorrow - if my local officeworks has one - never even knew they sold them !

Edited by XD351

3 hours ago, slothparade said:

if they are the clear rectangle box with the thick grey silicon seal, they don't work. I tried with some sucess at the start then found it leaked into the bag. 

These are the 2 I have tried:

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/107057/sistema-klip-it-plus-lunch-container-1-15l

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/680682/sistema-brilliance-medium-rectangle

the first one was crap, don't even bother, the second worked for a little while but eventually leaked. You can shake it around and it won't leak but even when its the right side up it leaks 

That’s the one, you could have got your money back if they didn’t work. As for me, my soup made it safely to the work fridge. I also have salads with dressing etc so it’s not a waste of money.

But...wait a sec?! Leaking when right side up?

43 minutes ago, XD351 said:

All this talk about soup has now made me hungry - I could chew the leg off a cast iron bath tub right now !

That’s why I’m reading this over my lunch :)

33 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Cheers.

I am well aware of this problem. I’d probably just keep to storing gulps in whatever container I end up with.

I use these, they come in a few sizes.

Haven't leaked yet.

In fact sometimes they seal like a vacuum & I have to pry it open from one corner with a knife.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/tactix-large-water-resistant-case_p5820705?store=7313&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2NyFBhDoARIsAMtHtZ6wBd2eJWpBxms3yoqyYhd1PrCSvpdpTptxu7cdjmoBE44mv79AvsEaAoYLEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XD351 said:

Sounds like you have been there before 😂

The link that Donna posted is for such a soup container and I will be grabbing one tomorrow - if my local officeworks has one - never even knew they sold them !

Check out the Thermos range we have several of them for use in the caravan. 

https://www.thermos.com/ 

7 hours ago, Rebel said:

Cheers.

Stick the ZMan in a small thermos. 😂 Won't leak out.

@Yowie. Well said. I don't know the full make up of ZMan, but they don't lke other plastics. Made in the USA, probably getting even with other countries that make SP'S.

Cheers.

The soup thermos I have is an Arco Steel Tradesman. Just heat the thermos with hot water for five minutes,then add the soup. Keeps it hot for at least four hours, also comes with a screw on metal cap.

Cheers.