Whales bellowing

Yowie

Yes, that is what it sounded like, and I have heard it twice before over the years.

A few humpbacks in Bate Bay this morning near The Merries, and one or more were bellowing like a big bull. Heads out of the water and making  a lot of noise across the waves. 2 lots of noise for a few seconds each time.

Anyone else heard it before, or know what is going on? Maybe clearing the throat. 😂

Yowie, I’ve been seeing heaps the last week. Today we had them pop up probably only 30m from the boat. Was fishing at first light the other morning and I thought I heard someone coming around the corner with a souped up car! They make funny noises at times! 🤣

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

Yes, that is what it sounded like, and I have heard it twice before over the years.

A few humpbacks in Bate Bay this morning near The Merries, and one or more were bellowing like a big bull. Heads out of the water and making  a lot of noise across the waves. 2 lots of noise for a few seconds each time.

Anyone else heard it before, or know what is going on? Maybe clearing the throat. 😂

I heard it! I immediately thought it was you opening the tackle box to get the SPs. I looked around for the chorus of dancing girls but none to be seen.  😳

cheers Zoran 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

I heard it! I immediately thought it was you opening the tackle box to get the SPs. I looked around for the chorus of dancing girls but none to be seen.  😳

cheers Zoran 

Smart arse. I hope your soft plastics all dry up. :074:

• Haha 3