Brisbane waters fishing

aiden

hey guys i am new to fish radar but not new to fishing i was wondering if there are any poddy mullet to be found out the front of  Anderson boat shed ettalong  or if there are any around ettalong wharf 

I have replied to your PM Aiden .

I will post my reply to Aiden  here for future reference .

Can’t say I have ever seen any there but that doesn’t mean that they aren’t there from time to time .

I usually go to either the creek at the end of Woy Woy bay , the canal that runs around the sports ground in Woy Woy , the baths at Woy Woy or along the shore near the lions park boat ramp. I have seen them at the blackwall road boat ramp and around the boat ramp in kincumber creek, another spot to try is ettalong creek  or down in Patonga creek .

They don’t like open water or areas that cop a lot of boat wash or wind chop , i would grab a few slices of white bread and a pair of polaroid sunnies and go for a walk (just after sunrise is bests day and if this coincides with the last of the run up to a high tide even better  )and try to find them - they can be there one day and gone the next !

Poddies in Brisbane waters can be frustrating at the best of times and that is why I fish with Hawkesbury prawns ,garfish fillets or soft plastics as I know I can get them and they work just as well as poddies - you could always pump some nippers on the flats near Anderson’s .

Regards…

XD.

KB ,

I found Lake Macquarie was the same , I used to launch at Chain Valley bay and in summer I could catch all the poddies I want right at the ramp but in winter they just vanished . Winter was Luderick time so I turned my attention to finding weed .

Edited by XD351
To add to my post
  • Like 1

The tidal flow in front of Andersons is ferocious. Hard to see poddies hanging around there. You need to find a spot well away from the main channel, up of the arms of the estuary where the tidal flow is more gentle.