Middle Harbour

kiwibrown

Hi,

Got out in the kayak nice and early on Monday morning.

I generally attach myself to any spare marker buoy in my spot. This has some advantages and disadvantages. I can drop down some burley and not drift around too fast and hold in the deep water however i always have to contend with the associated ropes. This time they won and i lost two big trevally around the ropes. I hooked a third and managed to steer it clear and into the kayak. Got all three on the sabiki while going for yakkas. They always tend to hit the sabiki as opposed to my other offerings hence i tend to try and find live bait rigs on slightly heavier line. Man they fight hard.

I paddled across to the other side of the harbour and lost a big flathead at the net but managed one more while slowly drifting. Was great conditions with minimal drift and the sun warmed things (my feet) up nicely.

So far there seem to still be some good fish to catch in the harbour (no kings around though that i saw) whereas previous winters ive struggled.

Must have seen about 6 other kayak fishers out and about. Got to love a long weekend

thanks

IMG_20210614_112528_0.thumb.jpg.e3c05ba15fa48f0987b099b0a654d2ea.jpg

• Like 8

Good catch! What you can do is tie an extension rope between you and moorings if they are busting you off with mooring line underwater (just be mindful of swing and proximity to other boats/mooring lines)