Berkley Fluroshield Flurocarbon Mono Fishing Line.

Rebel

Hi,

For those of you who use Mono fishing line. Received good reviews, also won an award.

I have ordered some.  My main interest in this line is I may not have to use a leader.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Hi Rebel

I'd be interested to see what your thoughts are on this line sometime down the track.

Back in my bream comp days I was told the larger spools of Berkley Vanish was a fluorocarbon/mono blend and the smaller spools pure fluoro.

I used the Berkley Vanish, blended line in 3lb straight through for ultra clear water and up on the flats and though I found it okay, though I never looked back after switching to Sunline Sniper.

The only problem I found with spinning fluros was they had a tendency to twist, mostly when fishing plastics, but that problem was easily fixed by towing the line without a lure behind the boat when jumping from spot to spot.

• Like 1

I never thought of using Sunline Sniper, probably because of price. Is it ok ?

I have used Sunline FC Rock Fluro. It was ok.

I just noticed Kasking Flurokote has been given a good write up.

I used Kastking 10lb Mono line. Seems ok no line twist.

• Like 1

@Rebel FC Rock is designed to be used as a leader line, abrasion resistant and really too stiff to handle well as a main line on a small spin reel. Sniper is more supple and behaves far better on a small spool as a main line at the cost of abrasion resistance, which doesn't matter so much as its mostly used up on shallow sand flats.

I've used light mono lines as well like 1 and 2kg Platypus Pretest and the line twist is far less of an issue than when using fluoro.

• Like 1