Minature washers

You know how it is you never have the right size washer that you need when repairing reels.
So is there a kit available that has an assortment of flat and shim washers and I mean very small sizes as a lot of the bigger ones you can make from shim material.

A lot of the shims in reels are made by the reel manufacturer and not something you will find anywhere else .

You could try Jaycar or Altronics as they sell some small screws, nuts and washers but they are zinc plated steel and not what you want for a saltwater environment.

You could try a fastener store as Dave mentioned or Blackwoods , I have purchased a few fastener kits from fasteners online and off Ebay but these were all 3mm and over . Another few places to try are watch or clock makers supply stores , RS components (they do list small stainless washers less than 3mm inside diameter) and there was a place called (I think )mini or miniature components but I haven’t used them in a few years . Model Radio control cars use small screws and a look at someone that sells these could also be worthwhile along with Model engineering supply stores like E&J Winter , miniature steam etc - i get my tiny bolts for steam engines from places like this .

I found this site that sells shim washers in stainless ( it is the place  I mentioned above as mini components but it is called miniature bearings Australia)

https://www.minibearings.com.au/catalogue/quick/Washers - Precision Shim.pdf

Edited by XD351