Green Hornet's Green Hornet

Green Hornet

I remember I had one of those 2200 model back in the late 60's early 70's . Don't know what happened to it but I ain't got it now, probably one of the items stolen from my shed about 20 years ago.

They were a pretty popular reel back then as they had line guide some bearings ( can't remember how many ) and were a very well balanced bait caster style reel.

For memory I think I recall catching my very first Bass on one in the Colo river, WAAAAYYY back then. 

Probably be a bit heavy for Bass these days but back then fishing of any kind wasn't as finesse as it is these days.

Frank

Edited by frankS
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, kingie chaser said:

Never heard of that brand before, thought they just made electric shavers 🤔😄

Though this might interest some

https://www.orcaonline.org/bronson-production-reels-page-1-aetna-to-green-hornet/

Ronson was the company that made shavers, Bronson was the badass movie star that carried a bigger gun than Clint Eastwood 😉😆

Thanks for posting that link KC.

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

Ronson was the company that made shavers, Bronson was the badass movie star that carried a bigger gun than Clint Eastwood 😉😆

Thanks for posting that link KC.

That will teach me to comment before my first cuppa 🙄🤪🤣

Looks in great nic as well.

Enjoy.

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, frankS said:

I remember I had one of those 2200 model back in the late 60's early 70's . Don't know what happened to it but I ain't got it now, probably one of the items stolen from my shed about 20 years ago.

They were a pretty popular reel back then as they had line guide some bearings ( can't remember how many ) and were a very well balanced bait caster style reel.

For memory I think I recall catching my very first Bass on one in the Colo river, WAAAAYYY back then. 

Probably be a bit heavy for Bass these days but back then fishing of any kind wasn't as finesse as it is these days.

Frank

Thanks for the info Frank and bummer about yours being stolen. Years ago I had a few reels stolen as well and what cut deep was it must have been someone I knew.

My bass reel was a little ABU 1500c that I picked up in the 70's, second hand.

ABU 1500.jpg

Edited by Green Hornet