It coiuld only happen to me

JimC

Monday morning 9.30 am. I went to slide my boat off the floating dock and somehow managed to launch myself instead. If only I fell in on the deep side I would have only got soaked and cold. NO. Off I went on the shallow side. 30cm of water over the end of my concrete ramp. I climbed out, went up to the house and changed and completed the launch process correctly and went fishing. Tuesday morning I could hardly move with pain...I have a broken rib. Oh well 4-6 weeks of pain but it hasn't stopped me fishing...yet. Yes I did catch one luderick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh dear. Having had a cracked sternum, a broken rib and a floating rib at different times in the past I feel your pain already !!!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

cheers Zoran 

Ps - Congrats on continuing with the trip. Every fishing trip is worth it - only fishos understand that. 
pps - didn’t know if I should give you a 😁 or a 😢 badge

Edited by zmk1962

Dang, sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you’re not around anyone with a sense of humour…laughing hurts with broken ribs!

This forum is also quite dangerous in this respect🤣 But you seem to be tough enough seeing as you continued the trip, so you might just be ok!

It could have been worse. Broken ribs are a pain. I broke seven just over three years ago, so I know what you are going through.

Get back to fishing that heals all wounds.

Cheers.