Bass fishing fresh water parts Parramatta River

Hi there, does anyone fish for bass in fresh water parts of Parramatta River? As it's winter I expect them to be slow, but it's close to home and I can toss a line around no problem. 

Any suggestions on lures? I've got those trout style fly spinners, or maybe use some bright rattle divers? 

Have a look at the Windsor bait and tackle YouTube channel , Aaron does quite a bit of fishing in there from the Meadowbank ferry wharf  up to lake parramatta .

No monsters but a bit of fun catching bream flatties and the odd bass upstream from the parra ferry terminal.

• Like 1

This time of year they move down to the brackish water to breed and I think the closed season may have started.  Some do remain in the fresh and may also be stopped from migrating by weirs etc.  Ron 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, campr said:

This time of year they move down to the brackish water to breed and I think the closed season may have started.  Some do remain in the fresh and may also be stopped from migrating by weirs etc.  Ron 

I was thinking tossing lures at the weirs or structure like bridge pylons. Not looking at catching monsters, just something to pass the time. 

Ive seen Windsor bait tackle video's. Very interesting...

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, dirvin21 said:

Jigspinners with 2.5inch grub style plastics work well in winter, often when you get the bigger fish

Catch and release only season

catch and release fine by me, im only just getting outside, so what colour grub might you suggest please? 

I was going the "crystal creek" spinners as well. Might just throw a few around Id say.

Edited by motiondave

28 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Good luck. Better fishing than being locked up.

Cheers.

I'm out going because it's the most local, and yes I heard several areas LGA are completely shut down . 

5 hours ago, motiondave said:

catch and release fine by me, im only just getting outside, so what colour grub might you suggest please? 

I was going the "crystal creek" spinners as well. Might just throw a few around Id say.

For bass can't go past watermelon red or black

• Like 1