Shimano Bream raider 1-4kg? Thinking of buying one to replace my savage gear manic whose reel seat is now crooked...

JamoDamo

Hey guys!

Thinking of buying a savage gear bream raider 1-4kg to replace my savage gear manic. The reel seat has moved over resulting in the reel seat and guides being off centre so now it won't cast very well at all. As they say out with the old and in with the new! At $100 it seems pretty damn good! My mate has one with a sienna 2500 that I tried today and it wasn't too bad, tad heavier that I expected but I loved the crisp taper of the rod, perfect for plastics I thought to myself. Anyways wanted to hear what you guys have to say.

Cheers

James

The raider range are good quality for the price, I own a couple of different models and couldn't be happier with them. 

They're a pretty light weight rod, your mates combo may have felt a little heavy because of the sienna.

• Like 1

Savage Gear or Shimano? The only Bream Raiders I know are made by Shimano.

I highly recommend the Shimano Bream raiders and they are still in my top five for bream rods based on configuration (length and short butt) and bang for buck. It is what I teach people on when introducing them to plastics. A number of people I have helped have bought them.

The weight is a tad heavy but you only really notice it if you have switched from a lighter rod. I'd probably be looking at the Bream Raider 762 (7 foot 6 inches 2 piece) as it has a 3 to 12gm rating. The 1 to 4 has a slightly lighter lure rating.

If you can go a little more then I'd be looking at the ArrowZ range in 7 foot. Just a touch lighter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DerekD said:

Savage Gear or Shimano? The only Bream Raiders I know are made by Shimano.

I highly recommend the Shimano Bream raiders and they are still in my top five for bream rods based on configuration (length and short butt) and bang for buck. It is what I teach people on when introducing them to plastics. A number of people I have helped have bought them.

The weight is a tad heavy but you only really notice it if you have switched from a lighter rod. I'd probably be looking at the Bream Raider 762 (7 foot 6 inches 2 piece) as it has a 3 to 12gm rating. The 1 to 4 has a slightly lighter lure rating.

If you can go a little more then I'd be looking at the ArrowZ range in 7 foot. Just a touch lighter.

Going the bream raider 722 1-4kg, don't really fish anywhere else and I like the shorter rod. I either get this or a td hyper but i'm leaning to the raider

• Like 1