Couple of pb's

After our Darwin adventure, Amy and I still had a couple of days off and with the deckee app showing some perfect conditions it was a no brainer to get out for a quick session.

We launched on the Hastings looking like glass and headed upstream looking for the rlusive jewie. We focused on fishing bridge pylons with softvibes, it didn't take long for me to boat a couple of small tailor, followed by a couple of flathead that found their way into the esky. I was getting hits fairly regularly but Amy couldn't turn a trick at this stage.

I had a good take on the pause and straight away I called a better fish, when I saw tye silver I got excited about to call a small jewie, but instead it was a bream

received_1121277981698713.thumb.jpeg.7fbc669acfe1a01fecd6e37417ddce4d.jpeg

An absolute beast, measured up at 44cm, was thick set and absolutely inhaled thr fishtrap (that's a 95mm lure in his gob). This fish smashed my previous pb, I have wanted that bream for a long time, he was released to get even bigger.

We kept hopping pylons and with a few technique fine tunes Amy started getting hit and then she's onto a solid fish, it gave a solid fight and a quality flathead was in the net

received_180951667393635.thumb.jpeg.83972493fb2ee72740c7276e8eb08345.jpeg

Measured up at 60cm, a good quality fish and a new pb for Amy, this one was also released.

After a couple more small flatties we finished the session, can't beat smashing a couple of pb's in a single session, I'm loving my new home system.

Hopefully a jewie will come soon.

Cheers for reading

Dave

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I have done exactly what I tell my students not to do.  I have submitted my reply without editing it.  I do offer my sincere apologises, drivin21.  What I meant to type was, I have NOT seen a bigger bream.  To make things worse you have been so gracious as to send me a like.  I am so, so sorry, it is indeed a great catch. :bash: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

Oh, I have done exactly what I tell my students not to do.  I have submitted my reply without editing it.  I do offer my sincere apologises, drivin21.  What I meant to type was, I have NOT seen a bigger bream.  To make things worse you have been so gracious as to send me a like.  I am so, so sorry, it is indeed a great catch. :bash: 

All good mate, I'd figured it was a typo

• Like 2