Restrictions to fishing

Offtherockss

No issue for me at all, I could still go crabbing, fishing in the lake, fishing out of the boat in the ocean, fish the beach or the rocks, all within 10k easy, but....it's been pretty rubbish weather for doing any of those things!

9 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

Is it

within 10km AND within the LGA

or

within 10km OR within the LGA?

I've only a shitty little bit of the Georges within the LGA but if I can go 10km I can get to some pretty decent spots.

10km OR LGA

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/greater-sydney#reasonable-excuse-to-leave-home

Worth checking before every fishing trip. Sometimes they do page updates before/without public notice.

18 minutes ago, motiondave said:

I was, under 10km radius from home so at the time, Silverwater ramp was closest and down stream limit point was Wentworth point. 

Now government had a big cry over 8 cases, I believe they were in one warehouse, I'm stuck in LGA area which is a lot smaller area and now I'm not able to even walk Parra river to throw lures about. 

Dave, do you have the official/Gov source restricting exercising only to LGA limit in some areas? So far I was able to find that LGA limit in some areas applicable for work purposes only.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, savit said:

Dave, do you have the official/Gov source restricting exercising only to LGA limit in some areas? So far I was able to find that LGA limit in some areas applicable for work purposes only.

Yeah that’s my reading of it too. Can’t leave those specific LGAs for work, can exercise within 10km of house or within LGA. 

The wording is ‘within the LGA or up to 10km’s from home’

I read that to mean only within your LGA and then, also no more than 10km from home.

I’m restricted in my fishing due to LGA, leaving only rocks and weekend swell has been big recently.

I’m deemed an essential worker and have to take public transport to work.  Buses, etc now running on Sunday timetables mean they’re more crowded.

Quite frankly I’d rather stay home!

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Burger said:

The wording is ‘within the LGA or up to 10km’s from home’

I read that to mean only within your LGA and then, also no more than 10km from home.

I’m restricted in my fishing due to LGA, leaving only rocks and weekend swell has been big recently.

I’m deemed an essential worker and have to take public transport to work.  Buses, etc now running on Sunday timetables mean they’re more crowded.

Quite frankly I’d rather stay home!

Another opinion. Not a gov/official source, however quite known:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/what-s-within-10km-of-your-home-in-sydney-20210709-p588c0.html

"Under the new restrictions, residents must stay within their local government area for exercise or go no further than 10 kilometres from their place of residence or temporary accommodation, if the place is within another local government area."

17 minutes ago, motiondave said:

10km radius and lga two different things. I screen shot to show 

First is 10km radius

Second is outline map of my LGA.

Government says stay within LGA, that's what I'm doing for time being. 

Screenshot_20210724_124158.jpg

10.png

Your correct Dave but Its changing every day!

Some orders are for people not to move out of their LGA, others are a 10km radius but then again that to me would mean don't cross into an LGA that has localized restriction.

Keep looking at the NSW health website for updates.

Just stay home unless you absolutely have to go out.

Practice tying your knots, make some new skutes, do some servicing........whatever keeps you busy.

Follow the rules people!

Problem solved.

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm lucky and can launch in Port Hacking or Botany Bay. Had a quick squid session the other arvo and the Water Police  masked up in a big RIB came over for a chat, asked for my license and where I lived. I couldn't get the info on my Service NSW App so they looked my rego up and asked are you Rob? They asked me where I lived and I told them so all sweet. Got a reminder about lifejacket servicing and they were off, friendly guys!

Nor Easter was blowing in July so conditions were a bit chilly! Ended up with one nice hood and headed in on dark.

Hood July 21.jpg

• Like 1

Here are the rules for Greater Sydney
https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/greater-sydney

This is a very dangerous situation we are in. 
I have a young family friend and her husband and their 4 year old daughter who had to be hospitalised with Covid-19.
One became symptomatic with cold like symptoms and the other within 24 hrs. The little girl luckily has only mild symptoms.

This couple are in their 30’s and fit. They are not elderly or health compromised. 

Today I saw vision of the protesters march in Sydney. Tens of thousands of people with no masks protesting for their freedom. I can’t even find the words to comment on this. I really feel for the police who try to do what they can to keep order. 

I have stopped following fishing groups on Facebook. There are so many that are posting and boasting how they “got around” the rules to go fishing. 
If I am honest fishing pales into insignificance when we see what this pandemic is doing to our lifestyle. 

Every time we leave our home we are at risk. Good on you guys that are reading, doing stuff around the house and so forth. You are showing your young folk how to do the right thing.
Embrace the family time. 
I have 2 daughters one is in UK with the first grandchild who turns 1 soon. The other daughter is a registered nurse who is fully frontline. I can’t see either of them 😢

So swordie and I are staying in until we can safely move around the community. Swordie is making soft plastics with his Plastisol, glitter and colouring in his 70ml squigie wriggler mould! I am doing crafts and jigsaws. 
Look forward to some fishing when we can. 
The Olympic Games is on and we are excited about the swimming tonight. 

STAY AT HOME

GET TESTED 

GET VACCINATED
Wear a mask, wash your hands and sanitise, socially distance.

STAY SAFE RAIDERS 

• Like 12

I phoned Service NSW ON Thursday to clarify this and got a strange reply.  I was told once on the water the 10k rule no longer applied and you were free to go to sea which I suppose is common sense.  I was also told it was ok to go to the closest ramp if outside the 10k, but it was not ok to travel up or down coast to fish other areas.  Again  common sense but I wonder if those enforcing the rules are on the same page.  I am retired and often fish alone and have the Hacking and Botany Bay ramps within 10k and am tempted but may wait a bit yet.  Ron 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2021 at 5:38 PM, mrsswordfisherman said:

Here are the rules for Greater Sydney
https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/greater-sydney

This is a very dangerous situation we are in. 
I have a young family friend and her husband and their 4 year old daughter who had to be hospitalised with Covid-19.
One became symptomatic with cold like symptoms and the other within 24 hrs. The little girl luckily has only mild symptoms.

This couple are in their 30’s and fit. They are not elderly or health compromised. 

Today I saw vision of the protesters march in Sydney. Tens of thousands of people with no masks protesting for their freedom. I can’t even find the words to comment on this. I really feel for the police who try to do what they can to keep order. 

I have stopped following fishing groups on Facebook. There are so many that are posting and boasting how they “got around” the rules to go fishing. 
If I am honest fishing pales into insignificance when we see what this pandemic is doing to our lifestyle. 

Every time we leave our home we are at risk. Good on you guys that are reading, doing stuff around the house and so forth. You are showing your young folk how to do the right thing.
Embrace the family time. 
I have 2 daughters one is in UK with the first grandchild who turns 1 soon. The other daughter is a registered nurse who is fully frontline. I can’t see either of them 😢

So swordie and I are staying in until we can safely move around the community. Swordie is making soft plastics with his Plastisol, glitter and colouring in his 70ml squigie wriggler mould! I am doing crafts and jigsaws. 
Look forward to some fishing when we can. 
The Olympic Games is on and we are excited about the swimming tonight. 

STAY AT HOME

GET TESTED 

GET VACCINATED
Wear a mask, wash your hands and sanitise, socially distance.

STAY SAFE RAIDERS 

It must be very difficult for the people living in the major cities but there is no excuse for people to take to the streets in protest. There is an element of society that feel that they are victims and feel obligated to challenge authority at every opportunity. We are ALL impacted by this pandemic. It is here for a long time, possibly for ever. The way to minimise the timeline has been clearly spelled out for us. Follow the directives, get vaccinated asap... ABOVE ALL: STOP WITH THE VICTIM MENTALITY AND CONSIDER OTHERS. You live in the greatest country on earth, WAKE UP TO REALITY!

bn

• Like 9

3 hours ago, big Neil said:

It must be very difficult for the people living in the major cities but there is no excuse for people to take to the streets in protest. There is an element of society that feel that they are victims and feel obligated to challenge authority at every opportunity. We are ALL impacted by this pandemic. It is here for a long time, possibly for ever. The way to minimise the timeline has been clearly spelled out for us. Follow the directives, get vaccinated asap... ABOVE ALL: STOP WITH THE VICTIM MENTALITY AND CONSIDER OTHERS. You live in the greatest country on earth, WAKE UP TO REALITY!

bn

It is very hard BN, last time I went through this the after affects to my industry were no work for 10 months!

Poor tradies whining about 2 week, they've got no idea!

These are the same types that drive down the breakdown lane at the freeway when the traffic is stopped or zoom down the left lane stop at the lights in the left turn only lane then take off straight ahead to get in front of you & the rest of traffic traffic!

They think the are the only people in the world, certainly the most important & special & rules dont apply to them 🤬

And apart form disrespecting those staying home doing the right thing, then to throw things at & assault police..................:mad3:  

I will always say we have the right to peaceful protest..............but in a Delta spawned lockdown its just idiocy!

Throw the book at them!!!!

No respect!!!

Maggots!! 

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 7