OLYMPIC CHAT - Tokyo 2021

mrsswordfisherman

I thought I would start a thread for those raiders who enjoy Olympics.

I am an Olympics nut. I have been friends with an Olympic swimming family or 2.Β I am looking forward to this week of swimming.Β 
The cycling was a buzz.Β 

It is giving us something else to focus and we wish them all the best.

πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰β›ΉπŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ€ΈπŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸ“πŸŠπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸŠπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸŠπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€Όβ€β™‚οΈπŸš΄πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

I've got to admit I am curious to see what an Olympic skateboarding event looks like!

Also looking forward to seeing the cross country mountain bike events...actually all the cycling events.

Then the swimming and tennis of course.

Yes the skateboarding looks great!!Β 

Being a bit of a traditionalist, I am not a huge fan of all sorts of sports in the Olympics, surfing, BMX, skateboard, hockey that sort of thing is not Olympic material (in my opinion) while I agree they require skill, Olympics to me areΒ running, jump, gymnastics, diving, sort of the person alone, that said, I watch most events when I can

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

I thought I would start a thread for those raiders who enjoy Olympics.

I am an Olympics nut. I have been friends with an Olympic swimming family or 2.Β I am looking forward to this week of swimming.Β 
The cycling was a buzz.Β 

It is giving us something else to focus and we wish them all the best.

πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰β›ΉπŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ€ΈπŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸ“πŸŠπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸŠπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸŠπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€Όβ€β™‚οΈπŸš΄πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Great finish in the men's road race

• Like 1

I can't get into the lounge room at the moment with all the yelling by my excited wife watching the Olympics.

I wouldn't dare change the chanel.

It's like being at the Football.

Cheers.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, noelm said:

Being a bit of a traditionalist, I am not a huge fan of all sorts of sports in the Olympics, surfing, BMX, skateboard, hockey that sort of thing is not Olympic material (in my opinion) while I agree they require skill, Olympics to me areΒ running, jump, gymnastics, diving, sort of the person alone, that said, I watch most events when I can

Interesting isn’t it.

Bringing in contemporary urban sports will probably be what happens.Β 

What will come before Brisbane? Maybe NinjaΒ Warriors or Parkour? These are a mix of athletics and gymnastics and martial arts!

Listening to the Australian Anthem right now. Wonderful lady relay swimmers!Β 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

What will come before Brisbane? Maybe NinjaΒ Warriors or Parkour? These are a mix of athletics and gymnastics and martial arts!
Β 

Distance and accuracy casting!

I'm waiting for the day when talent ID staff turn up to a fishing comp :)Β 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, noelm said:

Β 

22 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Interesting isn’t it.

Bringing in contemporary urban sports will probably be what happens.Β 

I heard the Irish wanted to introduce 2 new sports but the IOC couldn't find another country that was playing heading the shot put or javelin catching..........................................πŸ₯΄.....................................πŸ˜‚

• Haha 1

I have been watching a fair bit of the the swimming & how amazing has Emma McKeon done, what an inspiring young women she is.

The female team has outdone the bloke no doubt!

Β 

And not to forget Logan Martin, 1st everΒ freestyle BMX & it goes to AustraliaΒ :thumbup:

I can remember doing some stupid things back in the day onΒ my old BMX with the tuff wheels but those guys are pulling some serious manoeuvresΒ Β 

A shame we didnt do as good in the female surfing in Sally but what a great result for Owen.

Β 

Many more medal to mention & to come.Β 

Β 

Proud to be an Aussie, & its fantastic to see our representatives doing so well even in these tough times back here in Aus.

Β 

No matter the results you have all done us proudΒ :thumbup:

Β 

Go Rohan BrowningΒ :thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 3

I went to Sydney 2000 and we watched Cathy Freeman get a gold medal. The swim team was magnificent too.Β 

Tokyo has been the best Olympics yet. I reckon it has been a breath of fresh air amid news about pandemic and tragedy.Β 

The extra year and the fact that no audience and families are there to cheer to competitors on has not worried them at all. I have loved the swimming and other events so far.Β 

Like you @kingie chaserΒ I am proud to be an Aussie!!

Bring on the rest

By the way one of the Deckee Ambassadors is over at the games doing the Sailing commentating. Nic Douglass is on Instagram and facebookΒ https://www.facebook.com/sailorgirlHQ

http://www.nicdouglass.org/?fbclid=IwAR1iIhAGM-G4MdkRyYs27AKA-K_gHyc8UqiehW1JxtvLUzrRS4uHimCephAΒ 

Follow her and check out all the Sailing goss :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

I went to Sydney 2000 and we watched Cathy Freeman get a gold medal. The swim team was magnificent too.Β 

Tokyo has been the best Olympics yet. I reckon it has been a breath of fresh air amid news about pandemic and tragedy.Β 

The extra year and the fact that no audience and families are there to cheer to competitors on has not worried them at all. I have loved the swimming and other events so far.Β 

Like you @kingie chaserΒ I am proud to be an Aussie!!

Bring on the rest

I was lucky enough to go to 2000 as well thanks to a generous boss.

Went to the swimming day 1 & saw Thorpie & others win gold.

Nothing like itΒ :thumbup:

• Like 3

I reckon things like the high jump should be that you just land on the ground (like the ancient Olympics) not a padded mattress thing, no secret swim suits, just a pair ofΒ speedos (except for ladies on course) I don't know, maybe it's just me........

39 minutes ago, noelm said:

I reckon things like the high jump should be that you just land on the ground (like the ancient Olympics) not a padded mattress thing, no secret swim suits, just a pair ofΒ speedos (except for ladies on course) I don't know, maybe it's just me........

And should still be just for non professional participants imo!

Back in the day athletes had real jobs & did their sport on the side & they still did very well!!

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 1:28 PM, kingie chaser said:

And should still be just for non professional participants imo!

Back in the day athletes had real jobs & did their sport on the side & they still did very well!!

Well yeah.

Kevin Durant gets about $50 million USD a year. Wonder how much he gets for theΒ Olympics per game plus bonuses