Bate Bay

Yowie

Headed out before sunrise to Bate Bay this morning. Still within the 10 km rule. Stacks of boats heading out, some going north, others to the south. One numbnut headed close to me at warp speed, no care about anyone else, from Botany Bay and I last saw him in the distance to the far south - certainly outside the 10 km rule.

About 3 hours for this lot, plenty of spikies in places, other times probably small jackets chewing up the baits. 

A few whales about, some heading north and others just lazing about on their sides, slapping fins on the surface. A lot of dolphins in places, rounding up some fish. I pulled out a few slimies, so assume the dolphins were into them.

Very little wind and swell, so a pleasant day out, though not big fish.

fish.jpeg.307_files_files.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good job 👍. Thanks for exercising restraint and leaving some in the drink for those of us that can’t get out 🤣

Sitting back waiting for the plastic comment. … bonnie in hand ready to dish out an almighty slappin’ !

cheers Zoran 

19 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Good job 👍. Thanks for exercising restraint and leaving some in the drink for those of us that can’t get out 🤣

Sitting back waiting for the plastic comment. … bonnie in hand ready to dish out an almighty slappin’ !

cheers Zoran 

Thanks Zoran.

I am a bit concerned about you and that plastic bonnie. :074:

3 hours ago, Bryant fish said:

Well done yowie good to be able to get out.as I understand it if ramp is under 10km from home and travel  on water doesn't come into distance we are ok to fish with up to 1 household member?

As I understand it, travel on the water does come into the 10km zone from home base. 1 fisho per small boat, unless with one household member - that amounts to exercising (in this case fishing) with another member of the same household.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rebel said:

Well done Great story.

Thank you.

People paying good money to see whales and dolphins (and I heard a couple of penguins calling) and I see them while catching a few fish. 

Someone called on the radio that he had a small yellowfin on board, but no location given.

• Like 1

A call to Service nsw will result in advice that as long as you conform with other rules, traveling on water to fish is ok outside 10k.  Boating for recreation and not fishing isn't allowed.   Ron 

51 minutes ago, campr said:

A call to Service nsw will result in advice that as long as you conform with other rules, traveling on water to fish is ok outside 10k.  Boating for recreation and not fishing isn't allowed.   Ron 

So that means all of the numbnuts who scream about in high powered speed boats and jet skis should not be on the water (which is what I thought anyway). Very obviously not fishing.

6 minutes ago, Bryant fish said:

I'm getting lost here does anyone know what rules for distance from home once your on water means I want to go outside but it's obviously  over 10 km from home just trying to do the right thing

Plenty of boats heading outside yesterday, and the boat that motored very close to me headed out through Botany Bay and was last seen disappearing way past Wattamolla and probably headed for Bellambi. 

be very careful guys if in sydney and surround lockdown areas  it is 10km only  from your house by the crow flys to your fishing spot max not from ramp. if  in the 8 red hot lockdown lgas its 5km from your house and you must not leave your own lga .i was out on the harbour yesterday and got pulled over twice once by maritime and once by police and there both 1st question is where do you reside and the  maritme lady said to check the app out which i did and its good its called km from home and gives you a red radius around from your house cheers hope this helps. dunc333

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, dunc333 said:

be very careful guys if in sydney and surround lockdown areas  it is 10km only  from your house by the crow flys to your fishing spot max not from ramp. if  in the 8 red hot lockdown lgas its 5km from your house and you must not leave your own lga .i was out on the harbour yesterday and got pulled over twice once by maritime and once by police and there both 1st question is where do you reside and the  maritme lady said to check the app out which i did and its good its called km from home and gives you a red radius around from your house cheers hope this helps. dunc333

They cant be serious that the 10k limit is included in the journey to the ramp and out to sea thats beyond me.

3 hours ago, Tunastrike11 said:

They cant be serious that the 10k limit is included in the journey to the ramp and out to sea thats beyond me.

That's what it is. 10kms from your house as the crow flys, which includes your launch ramp, bait shop, fishing location. All within 10 kms.