A dry day at last

Howdy Raiders. I hope that you are all keeping well. Won't be easy being in lockdown for this next extended period but hopefully we'll all stay safe and come out of the other end ok.

Yesterday we had some clearing weather and today there was a nice crisp frost on the ground as the sun made its way up from the Eastern horizon. I headed out to a local canal which runs out of the main Murrumbidgee River at a place called Gogelderie. Arriving about 8.30 am the temp on my new phone read 0c. I set up 2 rods with double paternoster rigs and used corn, bread and worms on the 4 hooks. This is how I find out if the fish are fancying one bait above another. About 15 minutes in I got a nice bite and brought in a 55cm Carp which was in excellent condition (though not for long). That was the only bite I had so I tried another spot in one of the irrigation channels. Alas no joy there and I headed home to get some lunch.

At least I managed to get out and have a little fish. I'll probably check the river next week to see if there's any chance of using the boat. Here are some photos of the local area...

IMG_3774rs.jpg.5cb39afcefc7fa7266b256b36a5fe499.jpg

IMG_3775rs.jpg.d31094fd8730db59e4c2ff436d6980c3.jpg

IMG_3776rs.jpg.a0701ed3b3c6ac0fcbf9d7828be49582.jpg

IMG_3777rs.jpg.c56c1b4f2bd95b512207d077143ea1d4.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, big Neil said:

. About 15 minutes in I got a nice bite and brought in a 55cm Carp which was in excellent condition (though not for long).

What happened, did it commit suicide???:074:

Great looking country.

• Haha 1