Gday fellow raiders we’ve been in lockdown for our 6th week here in Sydney and with a 10km radius to travel I’ve got the itch and Carp are the only thing on the radius with a few local ponds stocked with bass. 

I know bass in dams would hold on the deeper edges but not knowing how to fishing the winter bite where would the best area to find them in a pond if it was stocked with bass? Also lure selection? I know how to fish for bass during the season but if I’m able to find some bass stocked in some local ponds I’m hopeful to catch these brutes all year round! 

I'm also thinking of heading down to the neapean river to try my chances with Carp as the bass would’ve well and truly headed up river to spawn by now, but I’ve never chased wild carp and with a system as big as the neapean I was wondering if anyone had some pointers on how to catch fish in such a big system I’ll be using all my light gear so gear won’t be an issue, I’ll be using bread and corn with burley in the area also fingers crossed I can get that feeling off a fish after feeling like an inmate for 6 weeks already! 

hope all my fellow Sydney siders also doing it tough stay strong during these tough times 🙌🏽

Edited by SWFisho
Not finished
  • Like 1

• SWFisho changed the title to Lockdown Bass & Carp
14 hours ago, Smobaby said:

Head down to the weir behind the rowing club burley up and hang on. There are catfish on worms. Take some lures still bass and trout, I think there lowering the dam level still.

I’m located down the Camden end of the nepean river mate where abouts was the rowing club located 

Want to find out what the Carp are feeding on? Double paternoster rig on 2 rods. Bread, corn kernels, worms, spam. They will take all of these...find out which they prefer and get into them. Big Carp pull hard so take your time landing them. Good luck, bn

4 hours ago, jordy said:

Plenty of monster carp around Camden target them myself they love corn kernels dont forgot to berley. They are good sport up to 1m long so good luck.

Thanks bud, that gives me hope I’m heading down to Camden airport I’m gonna try off the bank there first off and see how I go, I’ll head to woolies and get some bread and corn and keep you updated hopefully I catch a big mumma!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smobaby said:

Rowing club is Penrith there have been plenty of brown and rainbows caught at the weir have not tried up the river but they must be there. Have seen a few in the 50s

I’ll have to check it out once I’m out of lockdown! I’m keen to tick a trout off the list 

1 hour ago, bessell1955 said:

Yes, they are releasing water from the dam.  I wonder if Trout may swim out at the same time?

Yeah bud I’d say so hopefully some silver perch head down river to I’ve heard there’s a few in there