Where to find replacement springs for the bail (spinning reel)

Offtherockss

I have a reel that would occasionally close during casting due to the bail arm not being locked open properly. And if I get really unlucky I would lose entire rigs and lures due to the recoil of my cast snapping the contents of the line. I am pretty sure this is due to a defect in the spring that opens/closes the bail.

The reel is a shimano aerlex 10000xsb. I think it is still under the warranty period. But I believe this is a really simple fix and I can do it myself without going through all of the troubles of sending it back and forth. 

Where can I find the bail springs for these reels? Should I visit my local tackle shop when they are back open?

If you attempt to fix it & something does not go to plan or that is not the issue then you have void the warranty so I'd be inclined to send it to shimano for the warranty diagnosis & repair.

I have previously looked up the schematic for the part number & rung shimano directly & got them to send me the part I needed.

In saying that I knew the exact part I needed to fix the issue.

Edited by kingie chaser

I've recently had luck with my bail spring insert failing - took apart my reel, had a look and found the broken part. Was able to find an online version the reel schematic, ID'd the part number of the broken part and ordered it from Shimano - few bucks for the part and $9.90 for shipping.