Port Hacking

Yowie

Headed out early this morning up from Lilli Pilli. Caught the tailor early on salted mackeral. It put up a good fight on a handline. 

The reddies were caught on squid strips much later. Plenty of small reddies taking the squid, mackeral and pillies, the jackets were not there this morning - Bruce must have caught them all last week. 😂

Only a few spots of rain and not much wind, however, the wind will be picking up later. 

No surface action to be seen until I returned back to Gunnamatta Bay. A few tailor buzzing about, a few follow ups with a small metal lure but no hook-ups.

(# within the 10km limit from home)

fish.jpeg.308_files_files.jpg

Edited by Yowie
  • Like 17

2 hours ago, ilkfish said:

Hi Yowie

Great tailor, just short of 50.  You're doing well with these estuary snapper as well.

The westerly wind has just really picked up now.

Dawn it, I was just planning to test my new kayak.

Thank you. The tailor was actually 52cm when landed, having the neck broken and bled, and being placed in an ice bath in an esky shows that fish shrink a little.

1 hour ago, zmk1962 said:

Good on ya @Yowie. Nice catch and feed ... would be great just to be able to smell the salty air ... ahhh memories.

Cheers Zoran

Certainly smells better than just trees and stinky clothes. 🤣

2 hours ago, hookerbruce said:

Nice tailor I find they are better eating at that size. The reddies help make a good feed. The jackets were still cruising around on sat.

Thanks Bruce. The tailor was not too bad on the tooth, the reddie fillets in a couple of nights.

No jackets came up under the boat, even with burley. Maybe they were somewhere else for a change.

Hi Yowie,

I always enjoy your reports.Good honest fishing with nearly always a nice feed of good fish to take home.

Thanks to everyone who has been putting on reports since the shutdown started.Most people are not fortunate enough to live within the 10 radius of the water so just reading the reports each day gives everyone a bit of a lift until we are finally able to get back to normal once again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Nice bag there Yowie! Great sized tailor and i bet those reddie fillets were sweet too!

Thank you. Will be eating the reddie fillets tomorrow night if I can find a recipe. The missus likes different recipes for a change of taste. 😖 

I am not a chef, so try a few new recipes now and then. Some recipes have too many ingredients for my liking, and I am usually missing an ingredient or 2 anyway.

Edited by Yowie

1 hour ago, Pep said:

Hi Yowie,

I always enjoy your reports.Good honest fishing with nearly always a nice feed of good fish to take home.

Thanks to everyone who has been putting on reports since the shutdown started.Most people are not fortunate enough to live within the 10 radius of the water so just reading the reports each day gives everyone a bit of a lift until we are finally able to get back to normal once again.

Thank you. If I was more than 10 kms from water, I would not be happy, would probably try fishing in the dunny.  :074:

56 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

Great report as always mate.How good must it be with less idiots out on the water?Make the most of it mate.

Thanks Fab.

Less idiots, but still some about. Kids in high powered tinnies, and the lunatics in high powered speed boats, doing 70 knots easily. One idiot bragged to a friend's friend that the highest speed on the Hacking was 74 knots. 

27 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Thanks Fab.

Less idiots, but still some about. Kids in high powered tinnies, and the lunatics in high powered speed boats, doing 70 knots easily. One idiot bragged to a friend's friend that the highest speed on the Hacking was 74 knots. 

Where's Maritime or the police when you need them?Morons.

3 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Couple of pannies and a fresh tailor! Perfect 👍 

cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks Scratchie. Ate the tailor that night, baked with a topping of ingredients, and the reddie fillets a few nights later with another recipe that was rather nice.

• Like 1