Wilton

marks1984

Ive fished the Nepean for good bass at nearby Maldon, so cant accurately help. In saying that i know what Cataract dam contains including murray cod. I imagine the fishing in the river would be okay. Check the regulations though as to where you fish and good luck.

• Like 2

On 8/15/2021 at 6:00 AM, jordy said:

Ive fished the Nepean for good bass at nearby Maldon, so cant accurately help. In saying that i know what Cataract dam contains including murray cod. I imagine the fishing in the river would be okay. Check the regulations though as to where you fish and good luck.

Thanks jordy man i am definitely going to give it a try. Yeah i fish either the nepean or yarramundi bass and carp good fighting fish

Upstream of Pheasants Nest Weir is the no go area, the downstream bit has suffered a lot from mining in the nineties and its a long time since I fished it but a few lost bass, protected macquarie perch or murray cod would be unlikely but not impossible .Below Maldon Weir would be better spot if you can still drive down there. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cfish said:

Upstream of Pheasants Nest Weir is the no go area, the downstream bit has suffered a lot from mining in the nineties and its a long time since I fished it but a few lost bass, protected macquarie perch or murray cod would be unlikely but not impossible .Below Maldon Weir would be better spot if you can still drive down there. 

THANKS MATE